LTd gh-600

Updated
LTd gh-600

just got one of these and Boy it sounds AND PLAYS Amazing. But just one problem the neck pickupvND THE PUSH PULL COIL doesnt work!!! bought through a dealer online. anybody have a diagram for the wiring i would really appreciate a picture . i really dont want to ship back in the mail if i dont have too. Thanks!!!!!

metalhobo

does it have the emg quick connect pots for the coil split, or is the push/pull pot a hardwired one? actually if you have detailed pictures of how it's currently wired that would be helpful too.

what goes wrong if you pull the pot? does it stay in humbucker mode, or does the sound go away?

Randy B.

absolutley Nothing.i'll try to post pics Thanks . i have no clue when it comes to this stuff

Randy B.

actually i dont know what quick connect pots are

metalhobo

the quick connect pots look like this and have the connections made using removable connectors: https://www.emgpickups.com/push-pull-pot.html

the hardwired ones look like this and have connections soldered on: https://guitarelectronics.com/alpha-25k-audio-pot-w-push-pull-switch/

Randy B.

wow thanks i didnt get to look at that yet

Randy B.

i took it to guitar center , it was too complicating for the guitar tech, imagine that. i dont know anything about these electronics really 

Randy B.

Randy B.

this is the onlllllly one at the moment

Randy B.

my thought on this is these 3 wires were never hooked up. there was a white wire also not connected and the tech at guitar center connected to something which made the other volume control work but everything is coming from the bridge pick up.

metalhobo

if you're talking about the red wires those are just a junction for the 9v supply. they don't need to be hooked up to anything else. before doing anything else I would pull out the neck pickup and make sure the quick connect connector is plugged in correctly. there is an arrow on one side of the connector that should be visible with it plugged in, and should be on the left hand side if you orient the pickup with the connector on top with the wires going down.

If you do that and you're still having issues, that might point to the wiring. See this pdf for something which might help: https://c3.zzounds.com/media/EMG-81TW-89-3212d63dcd2ce085d1d02f6c15571401.pdf

and go to the bottom of page three where the diagram is "2 pickups 2 Volume (Independent) 2 Tone w/ 3 way Toggle Switch"

you can follow this diagram, but you'll want to omit the tone knobs since you don't have them. just pretend like the tone knobs aren't there (but make sure you still wire the ground for the 2 volume pots back to the jack)

maybe I'm wrong but it sort of sounds like you're new to guitar wiring. since this is a brand new guitar and a non-trivial wiring setup, I would recommend finding a qualified dealer/tech (not guitar center) to do this job for you.

Randy B.

i am new to wiring i appreciate the help ,thanks i'll see if i can find Qualified tech for sure.

Randy B.

Finally got the issue ffffixed, Sounds Amazing

Thanks for the help

Post to Thread