B-5E upgrade

Updated
Josh A.

Hello All,

Im looking to upgrade my pickups to EMG TW split coils and I and not sure if I should change my ABQ eq to one of the ones provided by EMG. Is it pretty much the same or are the EMG's better? Also should I find a way to anchor another battery inside my bass somewhere?

Brian W.

Hi,Not sure I can fully answer...I believe EMG is an active pickup (stock ESP has passive w/active pre) and the use different voltage pot so EQ/pre would need change too.

I modded two B-4E's. One has Aguilar DCB and a John East pre, the other Fishman Fluence pickups/pre Both are awesome and different too. Different things needed for install. The John East pre needed minor cavity alteration, but easy install iwith mostly pin connectors. No room for extra battery(didnt need it..very powerful!). The Fishman requires a lot more soldering, not beyond basic skills though and pots and switch included with package. You can add a battery (probably enough room in the cavity with this one, once again I feel not necessary) It also can do single coil mode on all three voicings.

Post to Thread