EC-1000T Fake Concerns

Updated
Araidis

Hey, everyone!  I just picked up an used EC-1000T.  I've got some concerns about it that I'm hoping someone can put to rest.  The last three digits of the serial number have been scratched off.  Just curious what everyone thinks about the authenticity of this beauty.  I think she's real, but I just want to make sure.  Thanks!

Nathan S.

All the markings, hardware, cavity covers, etc. look legit to me. I didn't know they made a "T" model with a maple board, but you can double check that matter in the 2013 catalog archives. 

Araidis

Cool man.  Yeah, they did a run of these awhile back.  Very few floating around which is why I was so stoked.  I'm thinking I should ask for some cash back due to the hidden nature of the SN being scratched off.  It seems like it was probably stolen at some point.  I'm a pretty honest person so I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with it.  X). Thank you for your help!

Araidis

"when the guitar becomes refurbished they scratch out the original SN and replace it with a sticker".  That's what the seller said to me when I asked about the Serial Number situation.  Seems kind of odd 

Pushead

I'd definitely lean toward stolen. The guitar is legit, though. 2013 model.

Araidis

So, how would you handle this situation?  Ship that sucker back and start over or?

Pushead

I'm not so sure what there is that can be done, unfortunately. If you're not comfortable with it, try to send it back.

Araidis

Reverb is working with me since the seller is being wishy washy.  Shady business being done by shady people I tell ya.

Michael S.

Definitely a legit LTD. 

Not sure why the serial looks like that: it could be that someone was trying to scratch it off or something, who knows. 

Otherwise, you have a real LTD there. 

Post to Thread