LTD V200 into JH1 project

Updated
LTD V200 into JH1 project

Hello all. Just wanted to tell everyone that after a long time I’ve finally got my hands on a V200 lawsuit. Guitar is in great condition overall with all black hardware and dual 81’s. My intentions if I ever got one was to turn it and restore it to the JH 1 green flames. In a few days I will actually be taking the guitar to a custo, airbrush guy to possibly get the paint and any body work done. When I get home from shift the next day I will post lots of pics. If anyone out there has Andy suggestions or recommendations on this project I’d love to hear. Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Nathan S.

Awesome, I love the green flame JH1, have always thought about have my V200 custom painted like that but never have looked too deep into it. Lots of pics when you get it painted!!

Brian6262

Yes sir will do!

Brian6262

Should be picking up from paint this week!

Nathan S.

Sweet! Can't wait to see it!

dubster82

Cool! Feel free to start with some pre flame pics

Brian6262

Brian6262

Some pre flames pics! Just dropped off today so only a matter of time now.

Dominic D.

Cool project, looking to seeing it progress. Are you going to add the Chevy badges to it as well ?

Brian6262

Thank you sir. Should have it back from paint soon. And yeah I will eventually; just depends how much money is in the bank lol.

Brian6262

Dominic D.

Nice can't wait to see how it turned out, have you any more progress pics from paint or just that one?

Brian6262

I do have some more that are similar to that one I will try to get up later today at some point. There hasn't been a lot of interest lately in people wanting to see more so it kinda went on the back burner a bit lol.

Nathan S.

Oh there's interest. Just waiting on you!! Lol

Brian6262
Nathan S. wrote:

Oh there's interest. Just waiting on you!! Lol

I know. Ive been slacking big time lol. But now that its back from paint. A lot more to come!

Dominic D.

Haha well I'm interested so keep it up mate, I have a build on an ltd exp200 ATM too but yet to have any pics.

Nathan S.

What are you doing to the EXP??

Dominic D.
Nathan S. wrote:

Replica JH-2 build, I'll do a post on that when I have some pics to show lol I won't go into in Brians thread lol.

Nathan S.

Nice, can't wait to see your thread too!

Brian6262
Dominic D. wrote:

Replica JH-2 build, I'll do a post on that when I have some pics to show lol I won't go into in Brians thread lol.

Can’t wait to see to bro!

Brian6262

Well ladies here it is! 

Pictures definitely don’t do it justice 

Nathan S.

Some may criticize, but I like how you kept with the LTD logo.

Brian6262
Nathan S. wrote:

Some may criticize, but I like how you kept with the LTD logo.

Thanks Man. I’ve never liked lying about the brand. I mean at the end of the day it’s an LTD so I kept it what it is. 

Dominic D.

Looks great, what hardware are you going with?

Brian6262

Thanks bro. EMG 60/81 for now. Working on getting a set of black sperzel tuners now if you happen to know of any one trying to off load

Nathan S.

That's gonna be sweet!! For those terrified to take a drill to a headstock like me (and I'm pretty construction and power tool savy) I highly recommend the Sperzel EZ mounts. No drilling required. 

Brian6262

I don’t think there the ez mount ones. But the guitar came with planet waves. The ones that automatically cut the string so I’m hoping it’ll line up. If not I’ll make it work lol.

Dominic D.

Bro the EZ mount tuners are the way to go hey, you may need to teen the peg hole out some to allow for the nut but you simply just screw the nut tight and the little barbs on the tuner will push into the wood, and eBay is a good place to get them. I've purchased all my sperzals off there 

Brian6262

Hmm I see. I may need to investigate this further lol

Pushead

You can just pull the pin out of regular Sperzel tuners and get the same effect. They pull out easily.

Brian6262

that is good to know!

Brian6262

Are you talking about the pins that are on the top of the tuners that mount inside the back of the headstock?

Nathan S.

Yes, those are the locating pins that keep the tuner from rotating. Not sure about removing them myself, I just use the ez mounts. Any progress on this thing??

Brian6262

As a matter of fact I just got this done last night. 

Brian6262
Brian6262 wrote:

I ended up taking the pins out and they fit perfectly with out any rotation. Still working on getting the emgs in

Nathan S.

Very cool!

Brian6262
Nathan S. wrote:

Very cool!

Hopefully will be done soon. I’m out of town these next few days and it’s killing me to not work on it lol. After the pickups are in and working; off to get a bone nut and proper set up 

Dominic D.
Brian6262 wrote:

I ended up taking the pins out and they fit perfectly with out any rotation. Still working on getting the emgs in

Oh wow, I didn't know you could do that haha, but yea I use the EZ ones so same same haha,

Looks great man. 

Brian6262
Dominic D. wrote:

Oh wow, I didn't know you could do that haha, but yea I use the EZ ones so same same haha,

Looks great man. 

Thanks man! Should be done soon. Yeah I just made sure the nuts were tight and they don't move at all. I was pretty impressed.

Post to Thread