What color is my guitar?

Updated
What color is my guitar?

I recently received the EC-256FM from Sweetwater.  The one I bought was Cobalt Blue however the guitar I received is dark green.  No blue whatsoever. (see my next post for a photo) Here's my question.  Is this the way esp is making the cobalt blue now, or is this actually a completely different color that was erroneously listed as cobalt blue?

Chris H.

Here's a photo: 

And for reference here's what the cobalt blue looks like on the esp website: http://www.espguitars.com/products/19108-ec-256fm?category_id=1963292-ec-series

brian k.

in this pic it looks black but if you dont like it people make mistakes exchange it they will be cool with it

Chris H.

The lighting in that pic makes it look darker than it is. Here's another photo of the same guitar from sweetwater. You can see more of the green in it. But definitely no blue. 

I mean don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous guitar. I'm just curious about WHY it isn't cobalt blue.

MetalliDeth

Yeah man unfortunately my m1001 is the same greenish color when the picture online looked greyish blue. 

Chris H.

I wonder what's the cause of these color discrepancies? 

Kevin B.

it must be someone at sweetwater is not reading the labels correctly, they don't check the actual guitar inside the box, they only go by the label on the side of the box, or the labels were incorrect.

Here's my cobalt blue 256, before with stock pickup's and after with Duncan's hot rodded hum's

Kevin B.

Call sweetwater and tell them they sent you the wrong color guitar, they will send the right one but you will have to return the green one, 

Chris H.

Thanks for showing the pics. I actually got this resolved. First I contacted ESP directly and they confirmed that my serial number matches the cobalt blue 256. So it's just variations in the color coming from ESP. Not Sweetwater's fault whatsoever. I kept an on eye on the Sweetwater listing and as soon as a few more came in stock I saw that they looked a lot bluer than mine, so I returned mine for a replacement.  Here's the old one compared to the new one:

Kevin B.

That's good, yeah they must have went a little to light on the tint, it looks green more than blue, may also be the color of the Maple causing it too. 

Glad to hear they took care of it for you.

Post to Thread