EX 401FR FR Clamps stuck

Updated
Nicholas S.

Hi

My son wants to replace a string on his new EX 401FR LTD and we're having trouble. The FR clamps on the neck (forgive me if thats the wrong terminology, he's the guitarist, not me) seem to be stuck. he has loosened the bolt with the Allen key, but the three clamps remain rock solid and it is not possible to thread a new string through them. I'm nervous as I don't want to break anything but all the youtube videos make it look so easy, loosen bolt, clamp loosens, and job done. It's almost as those they're glued down.

It was a Christmas present and he's desperate to play, so any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Nick

Nicholas S.

Solved it.

All that was needed was a small flatheaed screwdriver to gently prize the pad up.

Pushead

Yes, that will do it.  If your son is new to Floyd Rose systems, I'd suggest he check out a few videos on YouTube about the setup and maintenance.  They're not especially complicated, but it might make his first (few) restrings a bit easier.

ItSoHMtD

I have the same problem on my new EC 401FR.

I'm not new to floyd rose systems, and know how to use and maintain them. The middle clamp on the nut of my EC 401 was stuck. I am pretty sure the nut is bent at the bottom and someone forced the clamp in. I had to pry it out, and now can't get it back in without applying quite a lot of force (which I am refraining from doing).

I have an EC-331FR also (identical dimensions and trem system) and all the clamps fit on that guitar. But none in the middle spot of the 401.

I don't expect to solve the problem here (I'm trying to get the dealer to send me a replacement nut). But it seems like a funny coincidence that two LTD XX-401FR guitars have the same problem.

Stevie Strings

This is one of the main reasons Floyd Rose Specials, are "special".

Gotta stick with the real deal.

Sorry bros 

Post to Thread