Is this LTD EC-1000 vb Vintage Black fake?

Updated
Is this LTD EC-1000 vb Vintage Black fake?

Ehy guys! How is it going?

I am new to this forum and that's my very first post  

I'm writing because recently I've been crazy looking around for a nice "Les Paul shape" guitar to play metal stuff and I found a good option in the LTD ec-1000 vintage black. EMG Pickups, mahogany everywhere, ebony fingerboard (that was pretty important for me, because I'm in love with that), great sound, great feeling, totally love it!

Looking around on the internet I found this one from Italy (pictures below), it's second hand and it has a damage on the back that makes it pretty affortable, but...

I'm not 100% sure that this is a real, legit ltd ec-1000 vb, because I was checking the serial number, and for example the LTDs from Korea, the serial number starts with K, here with R...and the tuners are ESP but they look pretty cheap compare to the ones I've seen in other EC-1000 models (ec1000 black and ec1000T for example).

Can you guys help me to figure out if it's a legit EC-1000 or a fake one?

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people more experienced than me and maybe people that own the same model.

Thank you all for your help \m/

Carmine

Pushead

It's hard to say from only one photo, but there's nothing that looks suspect in that photo. I'd suspect the guitar is legit.

*edit - looking at the photos in the other thread, the guitar is definitely legit.

Adil

Terry Musicologist

Real or Fake? 

Pushead

Hi Terry, it's a legit 2013 EC-1000.

Post to Thread