LTD EC-407

Updated
LTD EC-407

So I was browsing Craigslist this morning for my area and looking in the music gear for sale. What caught my eye is a guy who's selling a EC-407 in satin white for $350. Seems like a good deal but I've never played one and also I've never played a seven string. Is this a good seven string to start on? Construction, build, and realibality I'm not concerned with because every ESP/LTD guitar I've played has been awesome. I'm really thinking about contacting this guy and getting this guitar as my first seven string. Thoughts on those who've played and owned this guitar.

Josh in NY

Coming from someone who has had one - and hated himself and life for having to sell it - it is an awesome guitar to get. If you got the chance to score one for that cheap, do so. You will not be disappointed! If you have  any other questions, feel free to hit me up. I will answer them the best i can for you. 

Good luck and enjoy it if you get it!

Brian T.

Thanks for your response. I'll contact the guy selling it and see if he's able to meet up this weekend or sometime next week so I can buy it from him. Since this guy is selling it for $350 and compared to the retail price I think it's a great deal.  I've played guitars with EMG 81/85 combo before, how's the 817/707 pickups sound? Also how's the neck on this guitar feel compared to the neck of a six string EC?

Brian T.

So I went ahead and bought this guitar from the guy and wow it's amazing! This is my first seven string and I love it, comfortable body and neck and the sound is killer! I read some reviews and some people didn't like the EMG 817 in the bridge but I must say I do great sounding pickup. The finish and feel of this guitar is incrediable, love the satin finish and the satin neck so comfortable. 

Zhalman

Congrats! Use it well!

Brian T.

I def will!

Brian T.

After playing this guitar for a few hours now I must say I absolutly love it! This guitar has balls! The EMG 817 and 707 pickups are quiet and sound killer. Also this guitar sounds amazing clean as well as when using lots of gain and overdrive.

Post to Thread