Favorite pickups

Updated
Favorite pickups

Tell us what your favorite pickup is and the reason behind your choice. 

Shockers

I don't have a fave.  I have a superstrat with DiMarzios (Evo Bridge and PAF Pro neck) that I have coil tapped, series parallel that I use for song songs.

I have a JB/ 59 in my EC 400 VF that is awesome for KISS/ AOR etc

I have EMG 81/60 in my Ouija and HET SET in my Truckster that I use for heavier stuff.  I have ESP EMG passives in my KH Jr that I want to replace with 81/60 set.
They can all do what the others do (except for the coil tapped DiMarzios) but they do some things better...

I like to get different pick ups in each guitar (although the White IC I am getting has the HetSet ) That way I have a different sound with each geet - even if it is a subtle difference.

úlfar ú.

my favorite is the emg 81/60 but i've never owned a pair, however i have tried over 10 guitars with the set and i love them. my second favorite is the sd blackouts AHB-1 and i have them on my ec 50

Marc Roca

EMG 81/60. I wish I could try the Het Set

PePe

My favorites are the EMG 81/81, 81/85 and 57/66.

Also I love the Hybrid of Seymour Duncan JB/Distotion and the three Seymour Duncan Hot Rails.

From Dimarzio the only that likes me are the X2N and the Fast Track.

Bojomojo Jones

My favorite bridge pickup is the Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck model.  I use Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck.  The Jazz Is Okay. However, I'm looking for another neck humbucker to replace it.

Amaan S

Hi

Pickups, i've been fan of 'seymour duncan' and i'm not biased towards passive pickup ....for Drop C# in my ESP Eclipse II i use Seymour Duncan Black outs (bridge and neck)

and in my Other guitar same Drop C# i'm using Seymour Duncan JB and '59  

I find mahogany to be very versatile its great with either active or passive where as my other guitar is made from paulownia (wood) and it hates active pickups

Graycloud

Being that I'm not a fan of EMGs has anyone ever changed out the pickups EC1000? mine came with EMGs and I think I might change them out, The reason is clean tones. Any ideas?

vipprimo

I wish I could answer this question.  

vipprimo

I keep hearing people say DiMarzio and I personally like the EMGs every time I use them in active form.  I don't have much history with Seymour Duncan though so it's a tough call for me.

Syahjohn

Seymour duncan dave mustain live wire active pickup on my Ltd EC 401. 

Post to Thread