LTD EC-256P Problems

Updated
dsmith003
OK, I'm not one that usually complains but I can't let this one go. I purchased the above guitar online a couple of months ago. When I rec'd it it looked pretty cool. It's a gold top. I tuned it up and plugged it into my amp...no sound. Played with different switch combos and fooled around with the volume pots to no avail. So, I decided to open it up and see if I could see anything obvious. To my surprise, the pickups were not soldered. Just hanging there. There was an attempt to connect the ground wire to the jack but that was it. I called ESP/LTD support no help, no attempt to resolve. The attitude was pretty much, "Oh well, it happens". I tried contacting online support and they didn't even respond back after several attempts by myself. Now, I know this is not a high-end guitar, but when I purchase something I expect it to work. The frets are very uneven also. This is probably the worst guitar I have ever purchased. Needless to say I will not be getting anymore. Besides my gripe, I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck with their customer support people and what type of experience did they have.
Irontusk73

Where did you get it from?

ProfessorExp

When I got my EC-256 AVG the bridge pickup was DOA. I never bothered trying to figure out why because I was planning on ripping all the electronics out anyway to put in EMG's. Got mine new from a dealer on ebay. Im sure they would've swapped it with another one, but like I said, I didn't buy it for the electronics lol.

dsmith003

I guess it was more of a commentary on customer service and quality control. I'm a pickup builder and wasn't going to use their pickups but when you buy something from a company you expect a certain amount of accountability. They just don't seem to care and don't bother to make things right. I guess they are too big to care about their low end lines and the customers that purchase them.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gerard  B.

Just sto wanted to share. I got mine in a music shop. I really didn’t notice this because I just took a quick look at the finish then tested the sound. When I got home I checked at the finish. But what I found out was there is a chip on the headstock. And a broken neck pickup mounting ring. It seems to be overtightened. And lastly, some scratches at the body. This is an ltd ec-256 in purple burst. I think it is 2017 model. I just want to ask if any of you had similar problems in your 2017 model of ec-256 or previous models of ec-256 that you own. If you have any problems like a chip in a finish, imperfections in finish or anything that is not supposed to be there, please leave a reply. I just really need to know.

Post to Thread