LTD Explorer

Updated
LTD Explorer
How's the quality of the EXP-200, are they comparable to what the korean 400 series used to be like a few years back? How much do they usually go for in very good/mint condition?
Explorer45

Thanks for the input.
There's a guys selling one for 350 Euros (no EMGs). He says it is in great shape without dings. I'm tempted to go for it, allthough I don't really have space for another guitar, haha.

Bas D.

Thanks for the input.
There's a guys selling one for 350 Euros (no EMGs). He says it is in great shape without dings. I'm tempted to go for it, allthough I don't really have space for another guitar, haha.

350 Euros is a steal! Especially without dings. I'd say go for it, they're nice, and good sounding guitars!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Explorer45

Huge difference! What type of stain did you use?

Explorer45

Sweet. :) Did you have to mask the frets and inlays before applying the dye?

NeedsMoreBlueBell

I'm curious how well the EXP-200 would compare to other guitars in the price range ($300 - $500).

konan

I got 6 EXP-200s and they're my go-to guitarz. Without looking I can't tell the difference soundwise between them and my 2 Gibson Explorers, which were twice the price.

They're great guitars as long as you upgrade them with some decent pickups, coz the stock ones are their weekness.

Bas D.

I got 6 EXP-200s and they're my go-to guitarz. Without looking I can't tell the difference soundwise between them and my 2 Gibson Explorers, which were twice the price.

They're great guitars as long as you upgrade them with some decent pickups, coz the stock ones are their weekness.

Konan, you also had one with an ebony board right? Did you replace it yourself? And is it worth it in the end?

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Sounds good to me. :D

I'd probably go against the grain and install Dimarzios instead of EMGs. :P

Explorer45

The guitar apparently has a SD JB in the bridge. Has anyone tried it, is it any good?

Bas D.

If you mean the pickup, the yes, it's a very nice pickup! I had it in my Jackson RR3, sounded great! I haven't tried it in my EXP though.

Explorer45

If you mean the pickup, the yes, it's a very nice pickup! I had it in my Jackson RR3, sounded great! I haven't tried it in my EXP though.

Sweet. Btw, is that a 49 EURO Thomann Explorer case you got there?

Explorer45

Sweet! Btw, is that a 49 EURO Thomann Explorer case you got there?

Explorer45

Haha, no. Sorry Pus. :)

Bas D.

Sweet! Btw, is that a 49 EURO Thomann Explorer case you got there?

Yeah! Well, not the one in the "before" pic, that was a Epiphone case which I sold with my Jackson RR3. The other case you see in the pics is indeed the Thomann case :)

You have the same name. Are you guys related?

Haha :P, no

Explorer45

Looks like a solid case. :)
I've emailed the seller and if he doesn't want to ship it I'm screwed.. I could drive and pick it up but it would be an 8 hour drive one way and would cost me 110 EURO just in petrol.

Bas D.

Looks like a solid case. :)
I've emailed the seller and if he doesn't want to ship it I'm screwed.. I could drive and pick it up but it would be an 8 hour drive one way and would cost me 110 EURO just in petrol.

Yeah it's a pretty solid case, definitely for the money! Not form fitting, but it fits snug in :)

8 hours one way is a loong drive indeed.. I hope he agrees with shipping!

Explorer45

Congrats dude! :) Can't wait to get mine. What tuners are on that thing? They don't look like groovers.

Explorer45

Thanks guys, you're a ton of help! :)

Explorer45

I would say they look like non locking Schallers.
No need to change the nut for the tuners sake.

Bas D.

I would say they look like non locking Schallers.
No need to change the nut for the tuners sake.

I didn't change the nut either, and tuningstability is great now.

Carpe Demon

Where do you guys find these EXPs? I have searched long and hard for true LTD explorers.

Bas D.

Where do you guys find these EXPs? I have searched long and hard for true LTD explorers.

I don't know where you live, but I bought mine of a Dutch second hand website. It's like Ebay, but only in the Netherlands :)
On Ebay they pop up every now and then.

NeedsMoreBlueBell

When I usually browse eBay, one or two pop up each month.

I was SO CLOSE to getting one, but I didn't have the cash in time. Still regret it to this day since I made a dumbass move and got a Squier Strat instead (Both were around $350).

But yeah, Guitar Center has one on their used website, and they claim it's a Japanese built one. But it's $800.

Post to Thread