Weight Differences?

Updated
jack1953
I am purchasing my first ESP bass. I've got OT narrowed down to 2 models. The B-204SM and the B-4B. Does anyone know a ballpark weight on both of these? Opinions on both models? Thanks, Jack
Murdoc

If you're worried about weight maybe you should give up bass and play rhythm guitar. I hear Epiphone has some light hollowbodies.

StaggerLee

Did he say he wants a light bass? I didn't see that. Worried? Didn't see that either.

JSHRED

Nice catch.
Literally.

But in all seriousness, I took a look, and they have similar styling, and the same scale length. But very different woods.

One is Ash with a Maple top.

The other is Mahogany with a Bubinga top.

My thought is that ash/maple would be the heavier of the two.

JonCurcio

Nice catch.
Literally.

But in all seriousness, I took a look, and they have similar styling, and the same scale length. But very different woods.

One is Ash with a Maple top.

The other is Mahogany with a Bubinga top.

My thought is that ash/maple would be the heavier of the two.

Guitars/Basses with the same woods can vary a lot in weight because every piece of wood is different. They can vary in weight in the same species. The best way is to try one out and buy it if you like the weight, if that sort of thing is concerning you.

StaggerLee

I have an EC-401VF that's a 10.5 lb beast and an EC-1000T/CTM that's a feather at 7.75 lbs. Same body style and size but tonally worlds apart. You want heavy, right? I'd go for the heavier one. Probably sounds better.

Post to Thread