LTD series - "made" in Vietnam or "assembled"?

Updated
Harmonious
Just wondered about this. I have a LTD GL-256 (which is a great guitar). I was wondering if LTD parts, (pick ups, necks, bodies etc) are actually manufactured in Vietnam, or manufactured elsewhere and merely assembled in Vietnam? The neck on mine is brilliant, definitely better than some Japanese (and dare I say American) guitars that I have owned and played. I'm just interested I suppose, if Vietnam has that level of R & D and craftsmanship?
Mark K.

I believe that most, if not all, LTD's are made in Korea or Indonesia... Haven't found an LTD made in Vietnam... but if your's says Vietnam on the back of the headstock, then it's probably made in Vietnam...

Caustic

Just wondered about this. I have a LTD GL-256 (which is a great guitar). I was wondering if LTD parts, (pick ups, necks, bodies etc) are actually manufactured in Vietnam, or manufactured elsewhere and merely assembled in Vietnam? The neck on mine is brilliant, definitely better than some Japanese (and dare I say American) guitars that I have owned and played. I'm just interested I suppose, if Vietnam has that level of R & D and craftsmanship?

The whole "import" thing of guitars not made in America having less quality to them I think is honestly a thing of the past. With those countries over seas getting their hands on newer machining technology and proper training to run them their isn't any reason to expect truely poor quality out of most imported guitars. There are exceptions because Fender Squier's are what they are....as most low end guitars are...pure garbage.

However ESP/LTD, Jackson(which is odd because of the Fender thing) even Ibanez has a few low end model guitars that play wonderfully.

I'm almost tempted to buy a JS30KE from guitar center for 300 bucks. I played one last week and it was solid for a 300 dollar guitar....the pick ups are terrible but otherwise it's a rock solid guitar.

I guess it doesn't really matter where the guitar is made so long as the company has good quality standards.

Dilzdo21

i agree , ive played some great low end guitars , and yes the 256 models are made in vietnam

1point8t

Seems like the first run of GL's were built in Vietnam... I've seen some newer ones and they're built in China.

And like what was mentioned above, it really doesn't matter which country of origin the guitar comes from. As long as it's put together well, who cares? The GL that I had last year played phenomenal, but I just didn't like the cheap-o finish which led me to sell it. Aside from that, it was as good as many higher priced guitars...

SirZozzo

Made in Vietnam for sure guys :D Good guitars for this price.

Post to Thread