Explorers?

Updated
Tsmith541
Anyone know where i can get an explorer? I mean like the original Gibbie body shape, round eges and that bannana headstock, not like the EX series here. (sharp and pointy) Cus a whole lotta people say that the epiphone 1958 sucks terribly, but I dont have 500000k yet to buy a new explorer. I mean, does anyone know who makes decent explorer copies? Or does anyone want to part with one? Cus the pre lawsuit exp's are damn sexy and (in my opinion) BETTER THAN THE GIBSON EXPLORERS............there, i said it.
Pushead

ebay

Tsmith541

Yes, but whenever i go onto ebay i see this:

Gibson Explorer- Price: One Arm (usd)
Gibson explorer 81/85 pickup combo!- Price: Your Soul(universal)

I mean specificly, do any brands make any decent explorer copies?

Pushead

In general, I'd recommend saving a bit more and buying what you really want. In my case, any time I've taken a cheaper alternative to a guitar, I still want the original anyway.

Just my $.02

Metfuk

In general, I'd recommend saving a bit more and buying what you really want. In my case, any time I've taken a cheaper alternative to a guitar, I still want the original anyway.

Just my $.02

+ a million

custangro

Agreed...save a little more and get what you want...you'll be happier in the longrun :)

Velt017

You get what you pay for. Cheap explorers = epic shit... hell sometimes even expensive ones are epic shit.

Save your $$ and get what you really want, you are just wasting your money otherwise.

And keep an eye out for deals.

singlecoilpickup

Oh, and also, if you really think you'll be happy with a 90's LTD EXP with a bolty, Guitar Center has one in their used gear on their website. It's $499, and they said it's got a good share of dings and scratches when I asked them about it. But if you're really interested, you can buy it and pay for shipping and they will ship it to you.

garyjfoster

yeah i got a used 76 reissue as well....but i did other alterations....so worth the money

Tsmith541

I kinda see where your getting at.
My rythym gtarist wanted me to look at guitars for him, so i thought, esp's are good, maybe he'll go my way with one too...

mojoredfoot

yeah i got a used 76 reissue as well....but i did other alterations....so worth the money

Gary!! You're over here too? I'm the same mojo from the Gibson Forum.

On buying any guitar, don't settle. It's worth it to spend extra $$ on something good and won't crap out. Don't buy something that was just thrown together.

Post to Thread