Putting an OFR in an M-350

Updated
Matthew
Will it fit without routing? Also where's the best place to order a Floyd Rose? I know Warmoth has them for 200 bucks, the gold ones I mean. Also—How do I know what locking nut I need? R2, R3, R4 or R5? Thhhanks. EDIT: Sorry for posting this thread in the wrong section. My bad, yawl!
Matthew

I looked on the nut and it says R42. Still not sure which one I need.

1point8t

R42= 42mm = R2 nut.

Guitarpartsdepot is the shit, I love those guys. Awesome customer service, fast shipping and good prices. You know, the Floyd Rose 'Specials' that are out now can be had for $115 for a true black (not black chrome) setup and they kick ass for the money... if you're looking to save a couple bucks.

Matthew

R42= 42mm = R2 nut.

Guitarpartsdepot is the shit, I love those guys. Awesome customer service, fast shipping and good prices. You know, the Floyd Rose 'Specials' that are out now can be had for $115 for a true black (not black chrome) setup and they kick ass for the money... if you're looking to save a couple bucks.

Thanks for clarification on the nut. I hadn't heard of the Floyd Rose Special either. The gold ones are out of stock at the moment, so I guess I'll just have to wait. In the meantime—Any recommendations for locking tuners? I've never changed the hardware on a guitar, where do you get replacement screws for everything?

1point8t

You don't really need locking tuners for a guitar equipped with a Floyd, but they do help speediness of restringing. Make sure to get a set of lefthanded inline tuners. You can take out the alignment pins on the back so you wont have to drill any additional holes. As for all the screws, stewmac, warmoth, or guitarpartsdepot should have everything you need.

Post to Thread