Is the Viper really heavy?

Updated
chernobyl516
I'm new here to the forums and was wondering if any of you could answer a question of mine. Although I prefer the SV and M body shape. The other member of my band wants to get a Viper but is unsure because of the common rumor that they are heavy. So, my question is: Are they really that heavy? Thanks!
Weasley

I think the common rumour is that they are NECK-heavy.

and that can be easily fixed if you move the strap button.

chernobyl516

oh. i see. thanks. that pretty much solves that problem.

gab4554

not that heavy...
there are heavier guitars and there are lighter ones.

But the neck is soooooooooooooooo heavy!!

Mr Pigwalk

The older ones (old type LTD font) are usually around 11-12 lbs or so. All the newer ones I've played were closer to 7-8 lbs.

5150-Viper

i have owned 4 viper 400's and they all varied in weight. my second one was especially heavy where as my latest one isnt to heavy. as far as neck dive goes, just move the strap button similar to a gibson SG and your problem is completely solved..

Dilzdo21

they got heavy tone thats for sure. They are neck heavy but the body is usually not that heavy. My older vipers were always heavier than my newer ones. Around 8 pounds

OutlawTorn

my 02 LTD Viper is pretty heavy, and doesnt neck dive, i have noticed like dlizdo has stated that the new ones are lighter

With_Strength_I_Burn

Top heavy, yes. Heavy, no.

djay_123

A matter of a few pounds shouldnt hurt you. I used to be a paperboy as a teen so I am used to slinging 30 pounds on my shoulder. Just start working out if its that much of a problem.

Mr. Wicked

It's just neck heavy. SG shaped guitars or all light body guitars are neck heavy.

OutlawTorn

the body of my viper weighs a ton

Post to Thread