EMG battery life

Updated
batman924
I was just wondering if anyone knew the average battery life of the EMG active pickups. I'm thinking about getting an ltd with them, but I'm a little worried that I'll be constantly changing the batteries. Thanks
espdood

Depends on how often you play. On average it usually would last a year. Someone else on this forum said he didn't have to change his out after 2-3 years. Remember to unplug your jack each time you're done playing, or it will drain your battery if you leave it plugged in.

Ryan 2%

according to emg you can play for 8 hours a day every day for over a year and not have to change the battery. ive had my viper for about 3 months and havent had to change the battery in it and its a 2003 model

El Jefe

i've got 3 batteries in my mh400 and i've had it about 7 or 8 months now, no problems at all

Gil

I've had mine for 5 months on the same battery still chuggin along.

bloodstyle

i had mine since june with original battery and i changed it last weeks and the sound was a lot clearer. it depend. it can last a year but not with the same clarity and tone. anyway... only 5 bucks for 2 battery....

Greatdeceiver

I have had mine in my Gibson Excalibur since 1054 A.D. and it still sounds clear and bright

Butch

1268 hrs

Xero

I've had my MH400NT for about a year now and haven't replaced it yet. It'll need it soon though.

bloodstyle

the ony tips i could get is... when u get ur guitar, buy Duracell's 9volt battery and change ur battery in ur guitar.. then it should last long time. cuz the stock battery are crap

Treater

a battery lasts for a very long time.

if the sound of your clean channel becomes slightly distorted, the battery has to be replaced.
you won´t hear a difference in your distorted channels.

xcc

lats forever. make sure you have a good quality battery, not so cheapo shit..quality batteries sounds great ;)

:D

njrusmc

Give the 18V mod a shot for a good increase in headroom and clarity IMO as well.

Anthony W.

The battery from the factory that came with my ESP LTD E1000 lasted only a few weeks. Make sure to always replace a battery in a guitar straight from the factory in my opinion. That way you know what to expect. Average battery life on all my other guitars with active Pups is approximately 1 year if you rehearse and practice 7-8 hours a day like I do. 

Post to Thread