Esp Locking Tuner In All Ltd Deluxe Series?!!!!! Wtf!!!!

Updated
MattiaS
I was looking the new ESP 2008 Catalogue and.... Surprise, for the 2008 all the LTD Deluxe Series use ESP Locking tuners, no more Sperzels or Schallers..... WTF!... Any of you Have a New LTD with those Tuners, are good tuners or now I must buy the guitar and new tuners at the same time?! i hope that ESP/LTD don't do the same thing that IBANEZ did .... Today's Ibanez SUCKS!.... I hope ESP don't follow the same road! Cheers!
Gfunk

Ibanez SUCKS!

Right on bra!

wyldweasil

I noticed it when i saw the specs for the Jon Donais ltd, I guess the reasoning is to make the ESP's more special. Before, the DV8 and the DV8R were virtually the same guitar, just made in different facilities, but with the same bells and whistles, you really had to do your homework to be able to tell the difference.

InVinoVeritasXXX

I noticed it when i saw the specs for the Jon Donais ltd, I guess the reasoning is to make the ESP's more special. Before, the DV8 and the DV8R were virtually the same guitar, just made in different facilities, but with the same bells and whistles, you really had to do your homework to be able to tell the difference.
This is possible, though I bet it's more of a cost-cutting measure.

Has anyone any experience with these new pegs?

DeathrollJM

why would you possibly prefer to not have locking tuners on your guitar, sounds pointless to me.

moosemeister

I believe its to reduce the cost for production. As I was doing research before, I was told the ESP Sb-5s are almost the same as the EMGHZ (which used to come standard on the F-200 series basses).

deftoneskidd

I was looking the new ESP 2008 Catalogue and.... Surprise, for the 2008 all the LTD Deluxe Series use ESP Locking tuners, no more Sperzels or Schallers..... WTF!...Cheers!

I think they're just branded Schallers, like Fender's tuners on the American Deluxes.. Could be wrong..

nwright

wow.

ESP

Sperzel is slow on the uptake to properly manufacture black nickel. It's costing them business.

ESP

Correct. The black hardware process is not deemed "environmentally friendly".

InVinoVeritasXXX

Correct. The black hardware process is not deemed "environmentally friendly".
This is you guys being environmentally unfriendly or Sperzel?

Eliu S.

What types of locking tuners guitar i can buy for the EC-1000 Deluxe? And where please?

Post to Thread