Mx-130

Updated
Metfuk
How is the quality of this guitar compared to the MX-250? I can't really picture myself spending $2500 on a guitar in the near future (next 5 years or so). So I was thinking of the MX-130 if I ever decide to buy an MX series guitar. Especially after I've heard people say that the MX-250 is not THAT much better than a Gibson. What do you say?
Microdomus

I had a black MX130, and I really liked it. Sounded really strong and had awesome sustain. Killer guitar in every way. The only "negative" things I can say about it was that it weigh alot and had a white nut(I have a serious problem with white nuts on ESP explorers). Other than that...its a keeper!!

Metfuk

Cool, thanks!
The weight is something that varies between one guitar and the next I suppose. But even if they are all that heavy, it wouldn't bother me.
And a white nut is no problem for me...it would only be a problem if it's shit material. Replacing a nut is no big deal when it needs to happen.

Microdomus

Why not save and buy a used 250? It seems as you are quite the Explorer fag, and 130s are quite rare. I estimate a used 250 to be $8-900 more than a 130. I would save the extra cabbage and get the 250. You won't be disappointed.

^^Yup!

Microdomus

Yeah Metfuk, save up the money for the real deal instead! Its better to have one really good guitar than many half-arsed ones...IMO

Metfuk

Yeah Metfuk, save up the money for the real deal instead! Its better to have one really good guitar than many half-arsed ones...IMO

Totally agreed. And I've learned the hard way already. But I don't have the money now.
One day I'll have one, for sure. I will shut the fuck about it now. It has been an obsession since the first time I saw James play one of his black ones. This board only keeps fueling the fire.

Justinschut

I too shall have one some day

Fade To Black 1985

Then I'l be #3 in The Netherlands...

Justinschut

well, you might get one before I do..

I guess for now my EX400BD will have to do (as far as explorers go that is ;))

Post to Thread