Post your LTD's

Updated
Slatanic
I'll post mine up in a bit
NeedsMoreBlueBell

I say get a Dimarzio Fast Track T in the bridge or either a Dimarzio 36th, a Duncan '59, or a Duncan Seth Lover in the neck.

rockithard

I agree with NeedsMoreBlueBell, on the pups, also maybe check into some active pups, Duncan has some called Blackouts, just as good, if not better than EMGs, plus has more tone than the EMGs. DiMarzio has a set I just put into one of my Kramers called the Evolutions, made for Steve Vai and these have a ton of body and an awsome amount of highs also, added sustain and great harmonics to boot. Made my old Kramer come to life, even made it feel different, even tho' that's impossible, but made it feel like a whole new guitar. Good luck on whatever you do and enjoy...

Taj21

Im thinkin maybe lil '59 for bridge not sure on the neck yet gonna be littlr bit before the pup's are changed money thing

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Speaking of Evolutions... I was thinking about getting the Evo-7 in my RG7321. I heard that it sounds a lot like an EMG 81, just more passive-like and more friendly in basswood than the DiMarzio D-Activator.

And for the pickups, Taj, if you want something between a Humbucker and a Tele, go with the Fast Track T. If you want full-out humbucker, get the 'Lil 59. Pickup-wise, I still stand by the SD '59 or the DiMarzio 36th.

rockithard

Is ur Ibanez a 7 string? The Evo-7 is for 7 strings, but you already know that, sorry 'bout that. I'm a huge fan of Seymour Duncan myself. Every one that I've purchased so far kicks butt and never had to return them ever, I'm not only a huge fan, but a firm believer in SDs.

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Yeah, the RG7321 is a 7-string Ibanez made of Basswood. I've been on the hunt for a new bridge pickup for awhile. I'm hearing either the X2N7, Evo-7, or the SD Full Shreds work best in basswood.

rockithard

Yeah, mid and bass, and the X2Nhe SD SH-10 is a remarkable pup, but the DiMarzio is just a bit better, according to the specs. The SD will have a bit more mid and bass than the X2N. Sounds to me like ur a shredder, not a rhythymist, so you'll want the X2N instead. BUT...The Evo's were built for Steve Vai and he's a shredaholic that depends more on trebs than mid and bass, so maybe the Evo is the way to go. Have you tried going to a music store and trying out guitars that are equipped with these pups installed in them yet? If not, try going to one near you and give them a try, this way you'll make a full up front decision and have a sound stuck in ur head that will drive you to work a bit harder to get it, lol. Been there, done that! If not, do a full research on the ones ur interested in and go from that. Anyways bud, good luck in ur search and let us know what worked out the best for you. Laterz Dude...

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Well, thanks for the info. :D

But, it's actually the opposite. I'm a rhythm guitarist, not a shredder. :P
And unfortunatly, I don't live near a store nor are there any guitars that even have those pickups stock.

Taj21

I had a full shred in an older swamp ash LTD mirage and hated it real muddy dropped in a screamin demon and it was a huge improvement tone wise
Im deff a duncan man have them in all but 2 of my guitars
one nice thing with duncan is the return policy

load more replies (1 of 1)
rockithard

LOL, choo-choo, here comes the train wreck, lmao!!! I got you backwards NMBB? Sorry about that, I knew I was going somewhere with it, just in the wrong direction. For rhythm I'd go with SD Distortion Mayhems (SH-6s). That's what I put into my LTD ax50 and it's not muddy at all. I can hit pinch harmonics anytime, any string when I want to easily. Has a nice crunch to it and respects it's highs as well. Makes my ax50 sound like a much more expensive guitar. To this day, I've got nothing to complain about. The only thing I had to do, is readjust my amp to get the sound that I now love. At 1st I thought I was screwed, I was like WTF!? I don't like this, until the next day, I readjusted the trebs, mids and bass and BoOm, just the sound I was looking for. I still wanna put actives in my KH 202, it sounds great as it is, but actives would seal it in gold. Anyways bud, sorry I got you going backwards on the info I gave you, but, those Evos still sound good enough to heavy crunch with any top bands out there, nice sound too. Laterz guys, talk at you guys later...

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Thanks a lot, sir. I was also suggested the Distortions on another place, so I might check them out, also. Might also check out the Evo, since they seem to have the same amout of output.

rockithard

Thanks a lot, sir. I was also suggested the Distortions on another place, so I might check them out, also. Might also check out the Evo, since they seem to have the same amout of output.

You won't be sorry with either one, I think they both do extremely well. I'm getting ready to try active pups in my Ax50, Duncan's Blackouts, or maybe EMGs 81N-60B and see how those do. From what I've read, I think I will be pleased. Always wanted to try active pups, plus I'm getting a Jackson guitar pretty soon and will use the pups from my Ax50 (Distortion Mayhems) and use those on my new Jackson Warrior. Only time will tell, lol. Laterz my friend...

deus ex machina

60 in the bridge is interesting.

It wasn't my thing when I tried it... but definitely different... and useable...

SweetLeaf

Ah, okay. Good stuff. Thanks.

Geetarguy70

I posted this link on the board from the bay last month so nice score dude!

Alex

Ok, that's my friend witch buy this guitar, but he solt it to me this morning.

It's a good guitar, but i have not my krank with me, so i have to wait tonight for make some noise!

But now, i want a white one..

It's hard to be lefty!

Thanks a lot.

Alex

Is there a thread for only lefty ltd or esp?

rockithard

I'm right handed myself and can't imagine playing with my left hand at all, I bet it's harder to learn and to play, even if ur a lefty like you. Beautiful guitar tho' and bet it plays nicely. Good luck with ur playing and have some fun makin' some noise. Cya around man...

MV-CTM

looks like you already have some replacements :lol

BornToLooze

Ya I just pulled the 500XL out and put it in there and it sounds pretty good. Only thing is since I've been trying to sell the F-50 now someones probably gonna want it.

Post to Thread