Post your LTD's

Updated
Slatanic
I'll post mine up in a bit
rumblebox

sweet axe. have you considered cream single covers?

Scott M.

Thanks NT.

sweet axe. have you considered cream single covers?

Thank you. Ya, I think that would look good with all cream colored PUPs. The DP217s are stacked humbuckers and slightly taller than the stock ones so I'll have to do some research to see which ones fit.

~NT~

Repainted it looks better imo.

Murdoc

Repainted it looks better imo.

Why repaint it? Vintage look on this strat=win. In my opin.

load more replies (1 of 1)
rumblebox

if they're like normal single coil covers, all you have to do is pull the cover off and put a cream one on each pickup.

rumblebox

I ended up putting a JB/59 set in it after experimenting with a bunch of pickups.

Justinschut

Welcome! Nice geetar

shathe

hot ouija mummy (lefty)

shathe

what was the sale? the ltd is about $1000 right now.

Justinschut

green.

rockithard

green.

I've texted in green for years, don't know why, it's just me, I guess. Probably my strong Irish heritage, no clue, lol...

rockithard

Yes, in more ways than 1...

MV-CTM

Some people can't adjust but I've never had an issue.

rockithard

Thanks JDR, I appreciate the info on that. I've oftened wondered how the 7 and 8 strings work. Benn experimenting with drop tunings lately, so this makes a lot os sense. Thanks again...

Goji

Hello all! Im new here and recently purchased my first LTD, which is a Deluxe Viper 1000. Whatcha think? :)

rockithard

Hello all! Im new here and recently purchased my first LTD, which is a Deluxe Viper 1000. Whatcha think? :)
Really nice guitar Goji, what pups do you have on it?

Goji

Thanks Rockit! Pups are EMG 81/85. I am also a huge Steeler Fan btw, and agree with you on JDR's skull! ;)

rockithard

Now I'm pissed, lol, I have the ESP LH 301s on my KH series guitar, also a LTD. Those sound good, believe it or not, can only imagine what those EMGs sound like. My next upgrade on my KH series, is going to be EMG pups on her. Just put some Seynour Duncan SH-6s, Distortion Mayhems in my ESP Ltd Ax50 and those sound great, lots of punch, but had to turn my amps bass way down. Like ur guitar, way kewl dude!!!

Goji

I hear ya lol. Yeah if you can swing it for the EMG 81/85 set definately go for it, and you will not be dissapointed! I actually want to try the EMG Het Set, which is the James Hetfield signature set he has out now with EMG, the vids I've seen of those sound incredible, and they have a cool chromish like cover over them, pretty badass!!!

rockithard

I hear ya lol. Yeah if you can swing it for the EMG 81/85 set definately go for it, and you will not be dissapointed! I actually want to try the EMG Het Set, which is the James Hetfield signature set he has out now with EMG, the vids I've seen of those sound incredible, and they have a cool chromish like cover over them, pretty badass!!!
Yeah they're a black nickle finish and they look hot as hell. I would love a set of those myself! I've never used active pups before, but my friend has an older Ibanez, with These in it and I love the sound, very much. Do you lose any signal if you crank her up, or palm mute it when doing a heavy metal tune? I've heard ppl say that active pups act up under powerful use, like cranked up and playing hard and fast. I know the band we used to have, same friend, and he NEVER had any probs with his Ibanez, but wasn't there all the time when he was playing, so I don't know. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for your new guitar? I spent less than $300 on my Ltd Ax550 and it sounded nice right out of the box, plus the playability of any ESP model, and I mean ANY model, is untouchable in the guitar world! Played like a $1000 guitar at a fraction of the price and then I upgraded the pups on it, which brought the sound quality right up there real quick. Added some guitar tats from planet waves and she looks like one of a kind now. Looks mean as hell, plays like buttah and sounds jet assisted, with a blower and dual turbos, lol. Just lost myself there for a min, lol. Talk at ya laterz, Goji, always a pleasure talking with you...

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread