Updated
Slatanic
I'll post mine up in a bit
Borked Bob

how much did you pay for it?

fourmz

I think right around 1000.

DUKE

Wow, good work on that fretboard. I use the Fiebing's dye, too and that stuff is runny as hell. It gets everywhere on my hands when I use it. lol

I fucked up my EC-400AT's binding since I was so careless with it. :\

mikeweb

I used a Q-Tip to apply it and made sure to limit the amount of dye that went on the binding/inlay. If it did, I wiped it up right away so it didnt stain.

DUKE

Yeah, I tried to be careful as hell, too. My mistake was that I didn't tape off the binding well enough and small amounts of dye seeped into small openings through the tape. :\

reaperofnothing

that dye doesnt rub off or whatever?! where would 1 find this?...

SixStringer

so how many coats did you apply? (with how many hours between each?)

and did you use lemon oil after?

i just ordered a bottle of fiebings from ebay...now could only hope to have the patience for dying it

other forums talk about the "real" way to do it, talking about sanding, epoxy, and rosewood dust, but THAT, i really dont have the patience for

mikeweb

^ I didnt really count how many coats.. perhaps three?

I applied it, let it sit for about >1min then wiped the excess off. I didnt let it sit for a long time as I was afraid that it would get under the inlays and stain from underneath.

You will need to wipe the fretboard clean afterward few times with a papertowl until the towel stops staining of dye... unless of course you want it on your fingers.

I used a fretboard oil a few hours later.

Again, your results may vary.. I didnt really read any guides online for this kind of stuff, I was just careful. I find that the dark ebony look suits the guitar MUCH better then the rosewood. I guess im just use to the ebony on my Taylor acoustic.

Justinschut

welcome dude, that EC looks great in blue!

Macht

Cheers man!! The pic does it no justice, it looks so much better in the flesh!

SixStringer

wow man its really nice

MV-CTM

3 piece neck won't warp, mine is from 87-93

Justinschut

awesome, looks great with the jackson neck! Maybe ESP should start making EC's with a reverse pointy headstock :p

ShadowDonut

That's definitely interesting looking.
Too bad it's backwards. :P

Metahead

nice stuff. im still not quite a fan of the cockstock, but they are growing on me

SixStringer

nice stuff. im still not quite a fan of the cockstock, but they are growing on me

thats what cocks do :p

MV-CTM

wow really nice top on that one!

Post to Thread