Eclipse Body Thickness

Updated
Harry H.

Hi there,

Is there any documentation on the body thickness of different models LTD EC? I recently tried an EC-256 and loved the feel of it but would prefer the specs of the EC-401. Are they the same thickness? I do not want a thick 'T' type body.

Any help would be very much appreciated

XMetalChefX

I am PRETTY Sure that ESP/LTD does not make "FULL THICKNESS" models for distribution in the US with the exception of the EC100CTM. However, if you played them both you should be able to tell if they are the same thickness roughly. They both have carved tops, so I dont think they would have much of an issue. Could you further clarify what your prefference is? The 401 and the 256 shouldnt have a different body thickness, so can you clarify what you "prefer"? Hope I can help!

Harry H.

Something like the ec-1000T would be a full thick body with the T denoting 'traditional' (correct me if wrong!?). I want an EC-401 but have seen pics on google images of the back with no extra body cut-out, so more like a regular Les Paul. I was just wondering if there was some documentation somewhere detailing the size differences of differet models? The EC-256 has the cut-out and thin body which I really liked.

Thanks

XMetalChefX

Sound like you ahd a case where Google was pulling unrelated images for viewing. In MY experience in the state, ESP LTD EC401's only come with the body cutouts. I beleive when they were released in earlier years, they had a much longer lower horn, as well as more of a back akin to a les paul. You should be good with the 401 suiting your liking.

6-String

They are all the same thickness from the EC-256 to the EC-401 with the exception of the EC-401VF. The EC-401VF has the thicker traditional body without the cuts so look for any EC-401 wthout the VF and you should be fine.

Harry H.

Thanks very much guys, probably going to go with the 401

load more replies (1 of 1)
Shockers

Here's a side by side of my new LTD Truckster (normal Eclipse thickness) and my LTD EC-400 VF Full Thickness

Difference in the thickness between an Elcipse body and a Full Thickness Eclipse

Harry H.

Thanks for that. Much better to see them side by side

load more replies (1 of 1)
Osvaldo T.

Shocking! They really look quite similar in the specs.

it would be cool to have some Full Thickness ESP Guitars in normal production.

Nevertheless the "normal" ESP thickness can really do the job.

Post to Thread