ESP LTD B-5JR ?

Updated
ESP LTD B-5JR ?

Boring preamble: blah blah, medical, blah, short scale bass search. I stumbled upon mention of ESP LTD B-5JR, rumoured to be 28.6" scale (I have such a scale 4 string and really like it). Found a listing for one of these, says made in vietnam, serial number painted over or scratched out. Is this legit? I can find zero mention of short scale basses by ESP / LTD.

6-String

I think you are talking about our listings. We are an authorized ESP dealer located about 20 minutes from ESP in SoCal. The B-5 Jr bass guitars are ligit and made in Vietnam like you said. I scratched out the SN's on the photos not the guitars just because its more of a stock photo. We have a bunch of them and we didnt want to take photos of every one like we do on the higher end guitars. Small Stack B-5JR

Paul D.

As a matter of fact it was your listing. I get it - they come in black, makes sense. And no I was not expecting this quick a reply.

Pretty sure I want one, so I am going to email you.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Tomas T.

Hello,

is or will be the ESP LTD B-5JR available in Europe?

Paul D.

Well this is what I'll have to do ...

The horn and cutaway will have to be chopped and a piece of wood put in. First I'll have to find exactly where I want that horn strap button, using some sort of temporary attachment to find the best spot. Might have to reshape the headstock to save a little weight up there - that will be the scariest bit to do.

6-String

This is whats its 4 string little brother would look like (:

Robin S.

Do adults actually play this thing, and is it compfortable????

Old Man Larry

About 10 months ago bought a used B4-JR. I had previously bought a Hofner 500/1 but had problems playing it. I thought I was stuck until I found the used B4-JR. I've got some medical problems and there are restrictions on how much I can lift. I also have issues with my left hand after a past surgery on my rotator cuff. The B4-JR bass was exactly what I needed. I was hoping to get a 5 string version as well, but discovered that both the B4-Jr and the B5-Jr are no longer in production. I was wondering, since the model has been discontinued, what is the possibility of getting a B5-Jr made by the custom shop? Any answer to this would be greatly appreciated.

Pushead

Hi Larry. I'm sure ESP would do it, but it would likely hit in the $4-5k range (which is where the pricing for the CS stuff starts.) A better bet would be constant searches of eBay and Reverb.

Old Man Larry

Hi Pushead. Sorry it took so long to get back here. Thanks for the help. I'll do that.

Post to Thread