Any info about this 80s Eclipse tele?

Updated
Any info about this 80s Eclipse tele?

Came across this beautiful The Eclipse Custom today and I had to buy it! It sounds awesome and it is of top notch quality! I haven’t found anyone like this anywhere on the Internet. There are ones in black, white and blue but not in this burst with maple top. Does anyone know if this couldbe a custom order, an early model or prototype? It has no serial number. The back of the headstock only says ”made in Japan”. 

jt76

The black and white ones are the most common,  they came in other colors also, and I have see few in subursts and transparents. A custom order, or a trade show / catalog build, or special run for a dealer are the most likely possibilities.    The catalogs from the time period of not overly inclusive, and different markets received different guitars and had different catalogs, so there is also a chance it was standard production.   

Notable users of these.

Izzy Stradlin had a white one, and Slash had a black one and a white one.

Brian O.

I have a black pre production model of it. Serial number 461 stamped on fret board and no eclipse custom logo. Came out around mid 80s.

Raider_77

Hey Brian you interested in selling?

Raider_77

Shoot me a message if interested in selling guys - Rickwood35180@gmail.com  , John

Thorsten P.

Chuck J

Killer guitar You've got there ! one of my dream guitar !

Thorsten P.

My 1988 Eclipse - very happy to have bought this

Raider_77

Hey Thorsten I emailed you back check your inbox or spam , John 

Brandon E.

Awesome finish! Congrats !

Dan F.

Can anyone tell me what the stock pickups would have been in a teal model? 

Dan F.

Dan F.

Post to Thread