ESP JH-1 Question

Updated
ESP JH-1 Question

Hi there,

I bought an ESP JH-1 from a friend years ago, and Im curious about its authenticity. He only had the guitar and that's it, no case or certificate. Is there any way to officially get the guitar authenticated?

ESP 348

Post some pics, we should be able to help tell you from seeing some pictures.

They are numbered too 100 also, so it can't be that hard to work it out.

Pushead

They're numbered to 200. I have one that I bought new, and though I have a COA, I never got the signature case for it, either. I just have a "normal" ESP branded V case.

Tycho

Excellent thanks alot, I won't be back at my studio til Sunday or Monday so I'll take a bunch of photos and see what you guys think. Just for try record it looks like it's number 90.

ESP 348
Pushead wrote:

They're numbered to 200. I have one that I bought new, and though I have a COA, I never got the signature case for it, either. I just have a "normal" ESP branded V case.

Sorry mate, yes numbered to 200.

Tycho

Here are a few pictures of my ESP JH1. Now a few things that I have noticed is that most ESP JH1's seem to have the back strap button on the upper wing of the flying V part, but mine here has the strap button next to the input jack. If anyone has any feedback I would be very appreciative of it!

Pushead

Yeah, it's legit. It's nice to see one a bit more beat up than mine.

I don't know how common it is, but I moved my strap button to there as well (or rather, just put the strap lock button there and kept the stock one where it was.) Het did the same (or similar) to his red and green ones as well. You can kind of see it hanging onto the stand with it.

Mine is #027 and doesn't have the circle logo on the back of the headstock.

Guiguitarz

Not enough pickups for me 

Pushead
Guiguitarz wrote:

Not enough pickups for me 

That one is serial number 444.

Post to Thread