ESP Vintage Plus Distressed

Updated
Tuborgmann

I am getting one of these on Sunday and was thinking about putting a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge position much like the GL56. Not sure how the routing looks though, will i  have to get the chisel out or is there room for a humbucker?

Thanks!

jt76

I think they are routed,   if not duncan makes mini strat size humbuckers.    I think there is a strat size screamin deamon, and a strat size pearly gates,  both would be good choices.

by the way

I am fairly certain the ESP guards are slightly different shape or at least bolt pattern and neck cut than the fender gaurds,  So you will need to mod the guard or get one made, if you are changing to a full size humbucker.   You may be able to order one from ESP, but don't try to do it direct,  go to your local dealer and have them ask,  you will be much more likely to get one through a dealer.

Tuborgmann
jt76 wrote:

I think they are routed,   if not duncan makes mini strat size humbuckers.    I think there is a strat size screamin deamon, and a strat size pearly gates,  both would be good choices.

by the way

I am fairly certain the ESP guards are slightly different shape or at least bolt pattern and neck cut than the fender gaurds,  So you will need to mod the guard or get one made, if you are changing to a full size humbucker.   You may be able to order one from ESP, but don't try to do it direct,  go to your local dealer and have them ask,  you will be much more likely to get one through a dealer.

Yeah, i  think the ESP guards might be a bit thicker as well. I have thought about the getting the little demon, sounds pretty damn good in the demos ive heard.

Post to Thread