Formula NT-ii info

Updated
Greg H.

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and ESP. I just picked this beauty up and am absolutely in love with it! Looks, feels, plays and sounds amazing. The only guitar I've owned which came close was my Jackson Sweetone (stolen).

It's a Formula NT-ii and I was wondering if anyone knows much about them as I can't find a while lot online.

From what I can gather they are a hybrid of the Forest and Horizon iii. I think they were only made for a couple of years, maybe 2010-2012. Looking at the serial, mine was 2010. I've also read that there weren't many made - like less than 50? Only made for European market? 

Can anyone tell me more or confirm what I think I know?  Not interested in the specs and materials, I've got those. More interested in history. 

Thanks!

Pushead

Yeah, I don't think the Formula made it to the North American shores. I think it's more of a take on the Potbelly shape combined with a bit of the Horizon III. No idea of the number of production, but I know they were available in Australia as well. There was also a version with a Floyd Rose.

Looks to be maple neck-through with mahogany wings. Hard to tell the pickups, but I'd bet on a Seymour Duncan 59/JB combo (though my mind tells me they actually had a SD Custom 5 at the bridge.)

I liked the look, but realistically it's essentially the same guitar as a Horizon. I don't think people had enough time to warm up to it.

Post to Thread