Post Your Explorers!

Updated
Post Your Explorers!

Lets see these badass explorers you guys have! Mx's and EXP's 

Heres my EXP-200. currently putting a new Bone Nut on it.

Nathan S.

Larry L.

Here's my modded MX-250. Some say it's blasphemy to alter it like this, but I think it was well worth it.

Back Story:

Being that I'm a huge Metallica/Hetfield fan, I decided that I wanted to take one of his most iconic guitars and make my own "tribute" piece. Heavily influenced by some of the war themes expressed in songs such as One, Disposable Heroes, and Blitzkrieg (a cover), I worked with James Hutchinson to create this heavily modded MX-250. 

Dave R.

That's really cool. More pics/back story if you can.

BlackJack21

Super cool, and looks sick. I love Hutchinson!

Nathan S.

That is a little blasphemous, but looks awesome!!!  Better than the snakebyte!!!

jt76

The one pictured above was mine but I sold it about 2 years ago used the proceeds to help purchase the Eclipse on the left below.  

AK

I am searching for an mx250 or an exp these days. Here are the snakebytes I have:

Mazze F.

Awesome custom work on that LTD... Looks totally bad a** :-)

Pushead

Just a plain, boring, MX-II.

Travis L.

I don't think it's boring. I think it's stealth! All black an badass! 

load more replies (3 of 3)
ESPEXP

My MX-220 and MX-250. I'll post pics of my KL soon.

Travis L.

Damn ESPEXP! Clean as hell! I would love to have an MX-250 haha where did you get that 220 from? Very limited!!!!! 

ESPEXP

I got it from Erick. Yea very rare, its from 1989 and it has the step neck joint. Also, the MX-250 is from 1991.

Travis L.

That's so badass dude! I can't wait to own the actual ESP version. I'm glad that Im getting to know you and pushead! I will notify you guys when I'm ready to purchase. Because I'm tired of seeing these fake replicas out there! Makes me sick.

ESPEXP

Yea so many fakes out there, and yet people continue to buy them. Same with the KL's. I get it that the real ones cost alot to purchase, but... you either save up and get one, or purchase something you can afford. I've seen people with 5-6 replica guitars, why not use that money and purchase one really good guitar? I rather have quality over quantity.  

Travis L.

That's exactly how I think! Quality over quantity! And of course it would just bug the hell out of me if I knew it was a fake. Plus all the upgrades you need to make that fake a descent guitar! Screw that! Haha

ESPEXP

Yea lol. You would have to replace everything on the guitar including the frets and then know in back of your mind....this is still a chinese piece of crap. When do you think you'll be buying an MX-250? What color would you want?

Big Daddy B

There are a couple of MX-250s on the bay right now. Seller is in Japan but I have worked with him before. If you go direct, he will come down a lot on this prices.

Travis L.

Exactly! ESPEXP then that will be hundreds of dollars gone lol I currently saving for it now. I'm looking for an all black one like yours.

Ive been looking everyday to see what's been going on on eBay and the Japanese seller "Meestirsparkle" lol he has a killer all black New (today's) MX-250 with world logo on the back of headstock. I asked to bring the price down and he dropped it a few hundred but still out of my price range. 

Big Daddy B

He is a good seller but you gotta go direct and bypass eBay so he doesn't pay any fees. I got my black KH-DC from him for about half of normal street price.

Travis L.

Thats awesome dude! He always has badass guitars for sale! 

AK

I just bought an ESP EXP with ESP hardcase. It's on its way to me, hope it will arrive in good shape

Travis L.

AWESOME AK! post it on here when it comes in! i have to see that badass thing!

AK

Thanks! I will definitely post some photos once it arrives.

AK

It's been 2 weeks and still no guitar. I am starting to get worried. :(

Eduardo M.

My MX-250. Mint condition, OHSC, awesome guitar!

Travis L.
Eduardo M. wrote:

Eduardo theres no picture dude lol

Eduardo M.
Travis L. wrote:

Eduardo theres no picture dude lol

Sorry buddy LOL

Well, here it is!!

Travis L.

that is so cool dude! cant wait to get my MX

Eduardo M.
Travis L. wrote:

that is so cool dude! cant wait to get my MX

Yeah, its a beauty!!!

Post yours when you get it!!!

Travis L.

will do brotha!