M-II owners, I need help....

Updated
JonCurcio
I'm planning on modifying a Warmoth body that I have on order to look more like an M-II, and I plan on bringing the forearm contour in a bit more towards the center liner where the strap button would be, or maybe even past that like on some older and non-US market M style guitars. Part of the M-II look is that a lot of them have a fairly flat and sharp looking forearm cut in comparison to other guitars like Ibanez, Jackson or Fender. Is that sharper diagonal edge and flatter surface something you notice? Is it less comfortable? I don't want to sand away wood and regret it if it would be a feel issue compared to what I'm used to.
BeefCake

if your asking if the mii arm contour in comfortable compared to other guitars yes
i have played jackson ibanez schecter ltd and my esp mii and my mii is my favorite,hope that helps

antikue

I do prefer the smooth curved contour on my Jackson and Ibanez. The ESP cut isn't uncomfortable as such but it's noticeable and something I would have made differently if I ever ordered a custom model. Not a big deal for sure.

jl-austin

I prefer the forearm contour of the Ibanez better than the MII, it's not bad though.

cecilbag

Maybe I'm used to it but I think the mii is super comfortable. I never notice the forearm contour

load more replies (1 of 1)
JonCurcio

Thanks for all the opinions! I'll definitely consider all of this.

Post to Thread