ESP Mii

Updated
BeefCake
hey guys this is my first post and will be joining the esp family haha,after having a usa jackson ke1f i wasn't satisfied with it and not with any other guitars i have owned, i just sold the jackson so i have some money for a new guitar and i have decided the mii bolt on rosewood,im hoping it will be what im hoping for so if you guys could give me info about it that would be sweet Thanks
Gfunk

jackson > esp

lynchfan6

jackson > esp

Well, I have a USA Jackson soloist AND an ESP m-ii. My ESP is a 1997 MII, so the neck specs, etc, may be a bit different than now, but I will say that the ESP and Jackson are very different animals . I've only had my Jackson for 3 years, and so for me, my ESP is a bit more comfortable - as in the neck isn't painted, and being a bolt on, the first fret isn't so far away like on a neck thru - which seems to join the body so that the nut seems further away. Also, the jacksons have sort of a stiff, heavy feel. Both have pretty thick necks compared to say, Ibanez, which have become the most comfortable guitars for me. I will say this, I don't plan on ever selling my ESP , but my Jackson is still on a trial period, but this is based on my physique and what I'm used to and comfortable with. In a nutshell, you have to try things out to see. They are both incredibly well made and great sounding instruments, and it just comes down to personal preference.

antikue

Yeah I have the neck-through version M-II (2008) and a 2008 Jackson SL2H. The Jackson is somewhat prettier due to its ebony board and binding and MOP inlays - and the fretboard is compound-radiused (excellent!). The neck is painted though whereas I assume the bolt-on neck on M-II is unfinished (mine is satin finished). So the feel and finish are different enough to categorize them as different guitars IMO. I like 'em both very much - the Jackson is almost too nice to play loud but the M-II is a solid workhorse without the 'bling'. Thinking of the difference between a Gibson LP Studio and a Standard.

lynchfan6

Really curious,,,,how does your MII neck thru compare to the Jackson SL2H as far as thickness? Are they pretty similar? I was always curious about this. My SL2H is a 2007. Thanks.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Jon A.

can't wait to get my m-ii paid off already

compared to the superstrats that I've played (Jackson and Caparison) the neck to me feels a lot thinner, almost like a JEM

lynchfan6

I'm thinking my 1997 M-II probably has a beefier neck than modern MII's. Where I live, I have no access to trying out new "real" Esp guitars. My MII feels pretty much as thick as my SL2H.

BeefCake

sweet thanks guys im excited about it

load more replies (1 of 1)
Durethia

BeefCake, glad you'll be joining our club :)

I'm a newbie member myself, I recently got a M-II NTB. I would suggest trying to get the NTB. If you get the NTB, you might need to get a new case for it too. My old case was too small for my M-II, even though it held Yamaha, Ibanez electrics easily.

BeefCake

i dont know i have always loved the crisp sound bolt ons had, it doesnt really matter to me anyway since im getting a new one for about $1000

lynchfan6

I understand that,,,,as I think one of the biggest things that make my soloist feel odd at times is the neck through construction. Makes it feel like a big , long, stiff board or something. I'm also partial to bolt ons. But, some days my soloist is a blast to play, which means I should probably keep it around for something totally different.

slovakzombiehero

I understand that,,,,as I think one of the biggest things that make my soloist feel odd at times is the neck through construction. Makes it feel like a big , long, stiff piece of wood or something.

8o

load more replies (2 of 2)
brandono61cr

ESP makes quality cases so you have nothing to worry about

congrats on the M-ii

PossyDP

post some pictures when you can!!!

BeefCake

yeah for sure,it should be here the 4th so i will definatly post pics:D

BeefCake

just got the guitar and it is sick but im having a hard time transition while standing up for the jackson kelly to a superstrat lol

Jon A.

just got my M-II today

simple badass superstrat is all I gotta say

nugget666

^ i agree ...simple yet effective
btw, pics or didn't happen :p

BeefCake

when i go to my friends again i will use his camera to take some pics,im loving this thing its so sick:D:p

PossyDP

congrats all for your M-II...i cant wait to get mine :]
beef hows the sound compared to other guitars uve played?

cecilbag

M2s just kick ass simple ass that

BeefCake

congrats all for your M-II...i cant wait to get mine :]
beef hows the sound compared to other guitars uve played?

massive compared to what i thought it would sound like,i have had a jackson ke1f which is neck through and this thing being bolt on still has more sustain its incredible and the tone is so clear and tight i love it,best guitar i have ever owned and i want another one already :rollin

Post to Thread