Advice on Horizon II

Updated
Shadow89
Hey guys n gals, This thread goes out to anyone who owns a Horizon II NT or FR. Im selling 3 guitars to fund one of these bad boys, Whats the sustain like from the FR compared to the NT? I already know the NT would have better sustain due to the bridge etc... Just want to hear your opinions. Also any other differences good or bad between the two of them? All the best, Shadow
Nagash

The FR really has a lot of sustain, couldn't tell you how many seconds ^^ but, a lot

Shadow89

Good to hear, I think its gunna have to be the FR then, bad news thou, none of my guitars sold last night on ebay, another week of waiting.....

muziqman

I know this doesn't directly answer your question but I got an Horizon NT-II for Christmas. I have had a mexican strat and currently own an Ibanez RG321. Both have bolt-on necks. The Horizon's sustain is much greater and acoustically it's much louder than either the strat or the Ibanez. One thing you can do to increase sustain on the Floyd of the FR is to replace the small iron/steel (not sure what it's made from) with a larger brass block like this:
bT0WbP1h_kU

Shadow89

I see, I remember seeing some posts about this a while back. I mite be totally happy with the FR on the horizon. Hopefully guitars sell this time on ebay so I can take a trip to Rich Tone Music. :)

jalmetalman

I see, I remember seeing some posts about this a while back. I mite be totally happy with the FR on the horizon. Hopefully guitars sell this time on ebay so I can take a trip to Rich Tone Music. :)

Rich Tone Music is great!... I used to own a FR-II nice guitars

Shadow89

BTW whats the neck like on these guitars for comfort etc....

Gfunk

I doubt you will be disappointed with either as long as the setup is good.

Horizons have a "thin-u" neck carve like many other ESPs, and are very comfortable to play in my meat-hooks.

Shadow89

I've never played ESP guitars, I have quite skinny hands. mMMMM

Shadow89

Took a drive down RTM yesterday, and picked myself up an ESP!!! Pic's to come....

Post to Thread