Anyone know much about ESP XJ6 ?

Updated
JagDan
I recently got one in nearly un touched shape, 3-color sunburst, rosewood fretbaord, Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers, series-coil tap-parallel switch, with origional case. A beautiful guitar with lots of versitility. I just can't seem to find much information about it. Anybody? Thanks.
JagDan

Thanks for the reply Pushead. I've already got the basic information from the site, but mine is a bolt-on neck. Mine also has the Seymour Duncan mini-humbuckers and it says "Custom Guitars" on the back of the headstock. Does this mean it's actually a custom shop guitar or one of the "Custom" series? Thanks.

brandono61cr

my sister's boyfriend has one of those in green , ill see if i can get a pic sometime

JagDan

Thanks for the input guys. As soon as I can find the pics I took I'll post a couple. I was very impressed with the sunburst finish. Gorgeous! People have said the body wood is Japanese Sen, (sp?). Some sort of ash. Looks beautiful whatever it is. This is my first ESP, ( like you couldn't tell already,). The neck is taking a little time to get used to. My USA Peavey Reactor ( Tele clone) and my PRS SE Soapbar, both have a 12" neck radius. This one's definitely different, especially with the extra jumbo frets.

Dan H.

I like the look of those

Pushead

I like the 12 string version. Some guy has 4 old stock versions on ebay, but wants like $1400 for them. No thanks.

jl-austin

That XJ-6 is hot! Totally retro!

Gfunk

That thing is awesome. I almost bought a 12-string several years ago. I have never seen a set neck production version of either though.

Oh yeah, where are the fucking pics?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Big Rich

there was a guitar center near me selling the 12 string version of that guitar for $312 ... by the time i decided i was going to buy it they sold it ... too bad

JagDan

Sorry I lost them for a while and had to take more. Hope you enjoy them.

JamesAC

Dude that thing is nice. How much did you pay?

JagDan

Saw it hanging on the wall of a pawn shop on the way home from selling my Epi Sheraton. They were asking $375 but they let me out the door with it for $300 including OHSC. :p
She's been good to me since then. My only problem is I'm afraid to ding it up !!!:x

load more replies (1 of 1)
JagDan

I'm not familiar enough with ESP yet to know. I just know this one doesn't have a scratch on it and I'm hoping to keep it that way. The contour of the neck heel and how the body sort of angles up to meet it is truely awe inspiring. Never seen anything like it before. Gotta love it. Great sound and no noise.

Post to Thread