Whats your take on Schecter guitars??

Updated
DB-VII
I heard that ESP owns them now, anyone have any take on their guitars in general? I like the looks of their guitars but what do you guys think of the quality, etc? Thanks...
Nagash

They are worth the price. It's not like Gibson or Jackson USA where you pay a shit load of cash for the name or whatever. If you buy a 1000 bucks Schecter, it will be worth 1000 bucks.

Zep

They are worth the price. It's not like Gibson or Jackson USA where you pay a shit load of cash for the name or whatever. If you buy a 1000 bucks Schecter, it will be worth 1000 bucks.

+1 on Gibson, but USA jacksons are fabulous guitars and worth every penny

el_destrukto

I heard that ESP owns them now, anyone have any take on their guitars in general? I like the looks of their guitars but what do you guys think of the quality, etc? Thanks...

ESP and Schecter are separate entities owned by the same individual. It's been this way since 1987.

As for the quality of their guitars, the Diamond Series are pretty much equivalent to the LTD line... the Standard, Custom, Damien Elite, & most of the Hellraiser models are made in the same factory in S. Korea that produces the PRS SE series, The James Tyler Variax, the LTD Deluxe (aka, 1000) series, etc...

The Schecter Custom Shop guitars are handmade in Burbank, CA and are of exceptional quality. On par with the other big-name Custom Shop manufacturers.

For what it's worth, I endorsed and used ESP guitars for almost 10 years. I switched to Schecter last year and I am more than satisfied with that decision.

guitarsatbmusic

And then you have real Schecters made in Japan :) (Or Schecters made in the USA CS by Japanese guys :p )

load more replies (1 of 1)
Spoonylove

I use a C-1 Hellraiser and love the piss out of it. Heavy slab of mahogony, and a great neck. People give them a bum rap, but they do not deserve it at all.

gerryl98

I've owned three over the years and they've all been very good guitars. Great quality for the price. Look for them used and you'll find some ridiculousy amazing deals.

DB-VII

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the insight! a lot of good feedback here. I am also noticing, not only from info in this thread, but others that it seems that many difft companies use a common factory('s) to produce their guitars

Feraledge

Never played a high end Schecter, but everything I've played in the $1000 or less realm has felt like a clunky version of an LTD. Not a fan of them.
I trust they can make a good guitar, but I don't think they play good from the many tries I've given them. If someone gave me one, I'd just sell it to by another ESP.
Plus I just don't like the tapped EMGs.

brandono61cr

i have played over 15 dif schecter hellraisers at my local GC , and they all felt like real solid guitars, but the neck shapes and sizes all are very dif, so i would definatly play before you buy .good hardware for a good price. might want to look for one on craigslist cuz they sell used for around 450 in my area .

Velt017

the rosewood they use on their fretboards looks like garbage.

brandono61cr

big +1

but i think they went for the really red rosewood on purpose

Mr.Seaton

i own a schecter c-1 classic and love it. it sounds great, it plays very well, the seymour duncans are ok but i prefer emgs. other than that awsome guitar wont sell it ever.

Wrathofkala

Necks are too thick for me. I purchased a Hellraiser and sent it back. I felt like I was playing a baseball bat with strings on it. Also felt too light like the wood was poor quailty compared to me LTD. They look great thou!

Alex Z.

Try Hellraiser Hybrid - their necks are ultra thinĀ 

DB-VII

I only started this out of curiosity and I know this is an ESP board, and I do know Schecter is owned by ESP, although separate entities, they just always caught my eye. Anyhow I agree with you Redlabel as I ordered my 2nd ESP standard; an Eclipse last week, and I love ESP's as well. Thanks for the insight guys

Hisashi

Schecter is not owned by ESP, they are both owned by the same guy though.

I only started this out of curiosity and I know this is an ESP board, and I do know Schecter is owned by ESP, although separate entities, they just always caught my eye. Anyhow I agree with you Redlabel as I ordered my 2nd ESP standard; an Eclipse last week, and I love ESP's as well. Thanks for the insight guys

Mr. Wicked

I love Schecter guitars. I have been wanting to get a 7 string Ibanez for the longest time... Then I tried their 7 string guitars & could not put them down. They were so easy to play & easy access of the 7th string (especially with my small hands) & they sound so clear.

tyler t.

Like stated before they are worth the money.
Especially for drop tunings and craftmanship.
My buddy has a c1 standard. Tune it to drop c
It sound as clean as playing standard. Im looking a getting one
Myself.

DB-VII

yes, sorry thats what I meant....

Post to Thread