Newbie Here....

Updated
stormypenny
Hi Folks, New to the forum. Well, I pulled the trigger on a new ESP Standard Viper. Is there really a big difference from the LTD model? Note, I have a LTD Truckster and LOVE it !!! My rig includes a Carvin X100B. Which, IMHO, is the best amp out there... Opinions, Please...Need lots of info. SP
Nagash

ESP : Better construction, set-through, active EMGs, standard nut, Gotoh hardware
LTD : set-neck, passive Duncans, Earvana compensated nut, ESP hardware + Tonepros bridge.

Gfunk

Nope, no difference. Only the letters in the logo and the price.

Do not post pics. Thanks!

load more replies (1 of 1)
prodigi

ESP : Better construction, set-through, active EMGs, standard nut, Gotoh hardware
LTD : set-neck, passive Duncans, Earvana compensated nut, ESP hardware + Tonepros bridge.

thats not a good comparison, i have an ltd mh401nt quilted with a set thru, active emg's, the absoluteley wonderful earvana nut. i just happens to be a string thru body.

ltd's are a little closer to the expensive top line esp's than you may think my friend...:D now if you go to guitar center they are gonna crush you with a high price i bought mine from a local small shop and only paid $600 G.C. wanted like 750.00 at the time. i also just picked up the new ec1000t (t) for anyone who doesnt know is for traditional. esp is going after the les paul market an i'm here as a 20+ year player to tell you they've succeeded. i'll put my 1000t w/duncans up against any 2000 dollar gibby. the only thing i wish it had was an ebony fretboard but for the 600 or 650 dollars i paid who cares about ebony because it's my favorite guitar in the pile i 've built. i'm not trying to come off as an ass or a know it all but it's just my opinion everyone. sorry to rant it's been a long day,

prodigi (newbie to site)

antipole

Gfuck is joking. He is well-known for asking for photos of any new guitars.

Don't forget the mystical ESP tonewood over the LTD of the exact model.

BroKV

and if you do post pix then make sure the are good quality and don't forget the flank shot.

stormypenny

Come on guys...You can do better than that. What does this axe have the LTD doesn't? Did I just waste $1100.00 clams

Thanks in advance,

SP

tyvan

Come on guys...You can do better than that. What does this axe have the LTD doesn't? Did I just waste $1100.00 clams

Thanks in advance,

SP
better hardware, better quality wood and better construction

antipole

Thanks in advance,

SP
So you brought yourself something without understanding the item at hand. Good job. Congrats, you have wasted $1100 for ignoring the useful replies already given.

Mystical Woody!!!

xchumfiestax

Not a fan of Vipers, but ESP makes some fuckin good guitars.

Dilzdo21

esp vipers are just plain great guitars , no frills and they always are consistent. They sound thick and are easy to play. Good choice

stormypenny

It's Here !!!!!!!!!!

Omg, I Have Never Seen Such A Work Of Art !!!

So Far, No Flaws...

Report To Follow. I Need To Get Back To Her.

SP

PS. Esp Sent My About 50 Stickers. As Soon As I Get Through Thanksgiving, I Will Give Some Away. Just Send Me A Pm.

PSs. I got a great deal on a LTD Truckster (new in the box)....Want to purchase another ESP.

BroKV

You don't know if you paid 600 or 650? Hmm

stormypenny

Hey, I got a few nibbles on the Truckster on CL. $600.00 for a brand new Truckster is a good deal...Soon I will have another ESP.

SP

Nagash

good luck and have fun ^^

brandono61cr

pics.

Nagash

pics.

yup. I should have asked immediately ^^

DB-VII

I feel its day and night, in terms of the lower LTD models. For example I ordered a LTD V-300 and refused to take it, I coughed up another $1000 bucks for the ESP V-II. The thing is amazing. Def worth the money imo. You get what you pay for, and in these times where the market is flooded with attractive low priced guitars, it seems you have to go the extra distance for the quality.

stormypenny

Where is a good place to sell equipment? The guy that was buying my brand new Truckster for $550.00 is a scam artist (Internet)...His email didn't seem right to me. Said he would have someone pick up the guitar. I have seen these tactics before.

Thanks in advance...

SP

Post to Thread