Gold Vintage Plus

Updated
Meister
Hi, Recently bought a Vintage Plus in gold. It has SD rail pickups, USA Sperzel tuners and the serial number on the neck bolt plate says 21036. It is certainly not a recent model but don't really know exactly when it was made. Does anybody have any ideas? I have had it professionally set up (by a guitar maker) which involved taking the neck off to get to the truss rod. The guy who set it up says it's hardly been played and has no sign of respray so the colour looks original. Sorry can't attach photos as the file upload limit is 97kb (nowhere near enough). Thanks
1point8t

Pretty sure those were only made in 1995 as part of ESP's 20th anniversary... pretty rare and awesome axes.

Meister

Pretty sure those were only made in 1995 as part of ESP's 20th anniversary... pretty rare and awesome axes.

Thanks! It plays really well and is fairly versatile but it's particularly good with Hendrix stuff and some blues.

I am now wondering how much to insure it for if it's rare.

1point8t

I've seen them sell for $500-1000, I know that's kind of a broad price range but it all boils down to what people are willing to pay... most Vintage Plus strats from that era easily fetch $500, but probably more for that limited model.

Meister

I've seen them sell for $500-1000, I know that's kind of a broad price range but it all boils down to what people are willing to pay... most Vintage Plus strats from that era easily fetch $500, but probably more for that limited model.

I paid £500 which roughly equates to $800 so it looks as though I may have paid slightly over the odds - difficult to tell though.

Spoonylove

Put the pics up on tinypic or photobucket and post those bitches!!!

Spoonylove

Killer! Awesome stuff man. I rock a Vintage Plus and they are truly amazing players.

Post to Thread