After two years, I have my Horizon!!!

Updated
David_VI
Oh yes, you may remember me asking about a Horizon over a year ago with confinement of finishes and such.. Finally, I got! Guitar Village had a sale and a see thru black FR Horizon. Plus with the VAT going up after xmas I thought NOWS MY CHANCE. After not sleeping for more than 2 hours in 3 days we drove to Guitar Village, found it, bought it. Left, back home 3 hours later and straight to bed. Now i'm awake and here to spread the news. I will give some photos later :) But firstly I want afew tips.. I'm going to put 11's on it so just so I can start off well, what direction should I turn the screws on the springs to fix the bridge level?? Cheers and HORRAY David
Nagash

I already said it in the other post but PICS

David_VI

Tommorrow, I'm having a hell of a time with the floyd triyng to keep it in tune as i've changed to 11's

Everytime I tune a string the rest go out of tune.. any tips?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Creepingshredder

Tune it every other string flat and the other in standard, and that should accomplish something, I don't remeber where I heard that but it's something along those lines, sorry I can't be of more help

Nagash

For your tuning problem, since it's a floyd rose guitar there are always some tuning problems when it's new or when you put in a different string gauge. You'll have to mess around with bridge height and so for some time until you find the balance point where every string is tuned correct and the bridge is really horizontal

Pushead

Congrats. Check youtube for Floyd Rose setup videos, there are a few good ones out there.

David_VI

Pics late this eve GMT or afternoon if lucky I promise.

I'm thinking of replacing the tone pot with a shadow kill pot to make this guitar complete.. Ive no knowledge of pots so what K do I need>? 500k?

Gfunk

Awesome geetah, congas!

Nagash

GFunk posts the fail thing everytime someone doesn't post pics (he did that with me too ^^)

Nice looking guitar !

Asoa

Nice Guitar, lovely finish on those see thru's

(is that a PS1 under the tele??....)

Its good to see that you have spent all your hard earned money on a damn cool guitar and have not updated your games console!!!!!

Nagash

To bugger around I could say it would have been even cooler with a quilted maple top but I don't want to piss you off, you seem to be happy with your new guitar ^^

David_VI

:P I don't much care for quilted tops, i'd prefer flamed maple if I could have..

And yeah thats a PS1, its lacking lead and such though, my girlfriend stole it from her ole house.. we don't really use consoles except a Wii now and then.. PC games ftw :)

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread