ESP black with white pickups

Updated
Raf_666
Hi , I'm thinking about mounting some white duncan distortion pickups in my M-II which is black and maple fretboard ... Someone had done this (or in another guitar ) , i'd like to see some pics :hat I'd like to see some picks , also comments about the distortion pickups would be nice too ... Raf
jl-austin

I had a black and white zebra in my M1 (which actually was a Duncan distortion). I did not snap any pictures of it, sorry. The white bobbin stood out WAY to much. My M1 is a flat black (actually looks like a dark gray). It might look better on a real black guitar like the MII.

As far as the Distortion is concerned, I liked the way it sounded in there. However, I have a Distortion in another guitar (an Ibanez RG1550m), so I wanted something a little different for my M1 (which now has a Duncan Full Shred).

The alder / maple fret board is a "snappy" kind of sound (similar to my alder / ebony). The distortion had a lot of "sizzle". It is more of a "grinding" type sound, than some of the more modern pickups. Its a great rhythm shredding pickup. It would not be my choice for a shredding solo pickup, its not very clear, not very articulate. The Full Shred works better for soloing, in my opinion. Which is one of the reasons I went with it over the Distortion.

Also in my case, the Full Shred works better on a "clean" setting, which is VERY important on a single pickup guitar.

Post to Thread