Got my new guitar

Updated
Sho
I don't know if this belongs here or not seeing as it's an Edwards. I love the guitar only complaint I have is the dye from the fretboard paints my fingers black. From what I was reading only poorer quality ebony fretboards are dyed. Could be the strings but I don't think that's the case.
Jimbo1990

i was thinkin about getting the black one! you'll have to let me know it sounds!:p

I quite like the Forest and Antelope models too

brandono61cr

Ahh, got the H-III !

very nice choice !

Prog Master

Sweet lookin Edwards! If the fretboard is dyed, then it's most likely just rosewood made to look ebony! I've heard about other brands doing this too. Congrats! :cool:

load more replies (2 of 2)
rawrkunjrawr

nice, what pups are there? Duncans?

dawg

How much did 'ya pay?

Jimbo1990

you get real SD's in the edwards, a tb4 and a jazz

antipole

Congrats!

The new Edwards should use real ebony. The old Edwards might use ebony dyed fretboard.
Did my quote of the cost match to your actual amount paid?

Sho

i was thinkin about getting the black one! you'll have to let me know it sounds!:p

I quite like the Forest and Antelope models too

I tried it on a Vypyr and I like it. My tastes may be different though.

How much did 'ya pay?
$1260

you get real SD's in the edwards, a tb4 and a jazz

It's the custom 5 in the bridge. The real HIII comes with a TB4.

Congrats!

The new Edwards should use real ebony. The old Edwards might use ebony dyed fretboard.
Did my quote of the cost match to your actual amount paid?

"FINGERBORAD Ebony, 24frets w/White or Black Pearloid Binding"

So it should be real ebony, why is it dying my fingers?

As stated above $1260 with shipping, crossing my fingers I'm not going to get a bill.

Spoonylove

Hot!!

Sho

Just read that they dye "poor" ebony cause it has brown streaks in it.

Lowtune

sweet, how does she play, and feel?

xZYRYABx

Relax ur undies mate....I'm guessing it's just the strings. I've had the same thing happen to me with 3 new ESPs and ltds two of which were rosewood and he othe ebony. It goes away after a while. If it's bothering u that much just change the strings. ur Edwards has a real ebony board don't worry bout that!

Jibraun

My ESP also give me black finger tips....Because it's dirty (maybe)...but i think it because my fingger is sucking the ebony and i will becoing an Ebony freaks....love Ebony ~~~ huhuhh

Nagash

I hate the Horizon III headstocks... fugly IMO, but I can stay with my buddy's Horizon FR-II anyway ^^

Post to Thread