ESP Horizon NT or M-II?

Updated
senol_kh
Hey! I have to make a decision between Horizon NT and M-II :\ I am using an ESP M-II Deluxe now. I want to play something different but I "LOVE" M-II's :x Please, help me, waiting for comments.
brandono61cr

could you be more detailed on what your looking for ?

richardshipe

the obvious answer here would be the Horizon.

different neck joint, carved top, figured top, slightly rounder (but thin) neck...

I'm going to assume that a Horizon will have a less bright sound than the M-II Deluxe.

senol_kh

Thanks for all comments

After I post this thread i decided to buy the M-II, but now I am seriously thinking about Horizon.

Another question, I wanna sound like Metallica's have but they use EMG's and I never used Seymour Duncan pickups. Can I have this sound with Seymour Duncan too?

richardshipe

you can easily have a metallica sound with the right amplifier and effects processor. :P

so yeah, you could have a metallica tone with passive pickups.

xchumfiestax

Thanks for all comments

After I post this thread i decided to buy the M-II, but now I am seriously thinking about Horizon.

Another question, I wanna sound like Metallica's have but they use EMG's and I never used Seymour Duncan pickups. Can I have this sound with Seymour Duncan too?

Here is what you need to sound like Metallicas:

GVK pickups
an EMG pedal
a couple of Metal Zones
a Gorilla amp

Enjoy!

prodigi

Thanks for all comments

as far is i can tell playing my nt 401 thru my vox vt50 i throw my bass to 3 o clock mids at 9 o clock and treble until it sounds like the justice cd. but thats with a vt 50.....to get the true metallica ya need a boogie. pickup have ver little to do with it. raise them up a bit crank the bass to give a lil more punch unless playing live then back off the bass crank mids and treble. its like whatever you set at home reverse it for the stage nd crank it.....keep rockin bud,

prodigi

jl-austin

I would say for the Metallica tone from Duncan, try the Distortion (be prepared to take out some mids though), the Dimebucker, and the Full Shred.

All of those will do the job, it is just a matter of preference as to which one. I prefer the Distortion, then the Full Shred, and then the Dimebucker (it is just a little to notched in the mids for my taste, although, it does sound A LOT like an EMG 81 to me).

kongssund

they dont use only actives, in studio they might use a whole lot of different pickups. just turn the tight distortion on and rock out;)

load more replies (1 of 1)
brandono61cr

duncans will work fine for metallica , after all meagdeth used 'em for ages.

if you are really looking for a metalica tone why dont you go for the KH-2 ?

ShadowDonut

if you are really looking for a metalica tone why dont you go for the KH-2 ?

Maybe the ridiculous price hike between the Standard and Signature lines have something to do with it?:rolleyes:

load more replies (1 of 1)
senol_kh

First, thanks for all comments, u guys really help me!

At the end I am gonna take Horizon, the idea of using two different ESP's is cool!

Thanks again, I will post the photos of my new guitar soon!!

Feraledge

The Duncan set will go for a price pretty close to an EMG set. Just swap and sell.
I'm sold on the M-I, alder/maple like Kirk's guitars.

Kas

The best way to get the EMG sound of theirs is to use EMG's. you can get pretty good deal on them if you look. It's a very straight forward install, can even get solderless (except output jack). 3 of my guitars have them and like Feraledge mentioned I got more than I expected from some of the stock parts on a couple of the P/U swaps, you may be able to sell/trade or repurpose spares.

Post to Thread