Looking for a new guitar

Updated
Sho
Curent set up is, fender squire strat with a frontman 15. As you can see I'm fairly new at playing guitar. I hate this guitar and have a hard time practicing due to disliking it. I like the looks of the Horizon III but no way can afford it's custom price tag. Is there anything like the HIII but with out the large price tag? Mainly looking for Alder body Neck through ebony fretboard 2 passive SD pickups Was looking at the NT-II or FR-II but they are mahogony. Why am I having such a hard time finding anything like this? Oh, forgot to say hi.
diadorastriker

Also edwards body blanks are made in china and then finished in Japan.

antipole

Omi from Exist Trace uses a HIII too. Check her sound on youtube. They are mainly Hi-Gain sound.

I would say buy an Edwards and join the club. Be expect to pay 125-200 on shippipng plus import tax if any applies. Keep in mind you pay the before-tax Japanese price and not the full price if you get it from a Japanese retailer.

You can write a review on that too since I might get this as my next guitar or the ESP Eclipse-1 :)

Pushead

Did your parents know they spelled "Lemon" wrong?

LemmonFury

Did your parents know they spelled "Lemon" wrong?

I asked my dad that when I was like 5. Then my grandparents. Still haven't gotten a straight answer, but I assume yes ;)

antipole

Not sure what do you mean by feel like but it is a heavy guitar. The neck should be considered as Thin by using ESP scale (don't quote me on this). What else do you want to ask?

Sho

Looks like an awesome guitar but, I don't know if I'll like the feel of that neck

load more replies (1 of 1)
brandono61cr

the necks on ESPs are close to a strat neck , just a little thinner. have not ever played an H-III ?

Sho

I've played a few esps and I love them. Never held a HIII though. Can someone look at that locking nut on the guitar from the bay. Maybe your eyes are better than mine. The locking nut doesn't look right.

@richard
Or play my guitar like my friend, and have it at my ankles :rollin. Not literly

diadorastriker

Edwards body blanks are made in China and finished in japan.

Sho

Could you look at the nut please. I know the blanks are made in china. I can't see if the locking nut is off or not.

My final choices are

JEFF HANNEMAN JH-600
e-HR-130-3
SL-2H (If I can scrunge the money, most likely would have to drop my choice in amp from the Vypyr 60 hybrid to something like Vypyr 30 SS)

antipole

So you are from Canada, I take it. EMS should be delivery by Canada Post. Just let you know if you are importing a guitar to Canada, the Canadian Custom will tax the shit out of you the price of the guitar with the shipping cost as the calculation base.

antipole

Unless you are very pick, the guitar is not a horrible purchase unless you developed a hate against tremolo in general which I did. I shouldn't say hate. It is just that I don't know how to set them up well and it is expensive to have a shop setup. So I've ended up getting a TOM bridge guitar for easy tuning.

diadorastriker

Used guitars dude, great guitars at good prices

antipole

diadorastriker is right.

Have you considered searching for a used FR-II or a Jackson? They are cheaper, granted the guitar condition might be very different than stated in the ad. There is a risk of scam. Just ask a forum member from Australia here.

Sho

Always can get other guitars later. This what I love about not smoking, I can spend 1k or so on guitar equipment every year. I gain an instrument and I don't die, it's win win.

I do like the idea of the cut out in the back so it doesn't jab my rib cage. I don't have the guitar at my ankles.

I think I should grab it. It's no real HIII but it also doesn't have the $6000 price tag.

Maybe I can work something out for customs.

brandono61cr

well i think a used guitar is a great idea .

soloists can be found on the 'bay for 1.1-1.4 used

you wont regret buying an edwards , but a SS will have better resale value tho.

brandono61cr

8MvQb85bNF4

:eek::eek::eek::hat:eek::eek::eek:

very nice !

richardshipe

those musician institute guitarists are ridiculously amazing.

random note, come to think of it...I think ESP sponsors Musician's Institute of Okinawa.

hpr

8MvQb85bNF4

very nice !

Insane. I agree with the top comment. And it makes me sad, even today, about 6 years after I gave up on daily training.

SpicyPickles

8MvQb85bNF4

very nice !

i can appreciate the skill and shit, but that is just fucking boring. :\

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread