M1 N T B

Updated
ridner
post em if ya got em! how is it? I have a bad case of GAS! :cool:
Helspyre

^Pretty much the same here. I've always put my tone focus in my rhythm first and I think the 85 in the bridge sounds thicker, especially with palm-muting. On my guitars with two pickups I actually put the 81 in the neck (which I only really use for clean or for leads) because it has more bite to it (and I think the neck typically sounds muddier by default).

jl-austin

I have actually thought about putting an EMG85x in my ntb. I hear they are slightly more bright. They are also not so compressed sounding, supposedly. That sounds like a pickup right up my alley.

The people who have tried them like the 85x over the 81x. I guess part of the reason of the reason people like the original 81 is because of its compressed sound. So, I can see why people would like the 85x over the 81x.

I don't care for blackouts. WAY to much midrange.

SpicyPickles

I have actually thought about putting an EMG85x in my ntb. I hear they are slightly more bright. They are also not so compressed sounding, supposedly. That sounds like a pickup right up my alley.

The people who have tried them like the 85x over the 81x. I guess part of the reason of the reason people like the original 81 is because of its compressed sound. So, I can see why people would like the 85x over the 81x.

I don't care for blackouts. WAY to much midrange.

I traded an 81 for my 85x. This pickup is way awesome. So much bigger sounding and its just monstrous. Really full sounding and fat but still super articulate. I recommend highly.

antipole

This is giving me gas for an 85 as I am a rhythm player and not a lead. Kinda want to try the blackout too. What I get from people saying is it plays like a passive pickup. Since I would assume the 18-volt mod would change the EMG into more passive and have the option of undo the mod, I don't know if indeed the S&D is for me. I just purely assume they are similar but I still would like to play the blackout in person.

ridner

I still don't have the guitar in my possession, but it has arrived at my local dealer. I got to play it & it is an awesome plyaing/feeling guitar - I really dig it. I hope to be able to get paid off & call it my own in a couple wks.

just thought some of you may be curious :D

Roidster

cool

Brian

That's so awesome!

Post to Thread