Phoenix II

Updated
lt1z
Anyone have the ESP version of the Phoenix II guitar yet? I'm thinking of picking one up.
Dilzdo21

gfunk

wiretap

I want one so bad. They are so awesome looking. May just break down and go for the LTD version just to have one.

Brian

Funk, I am glad you said that about the Magnum Locks. They are a little bit of a pain but the more and more I change strings and the more I get used to them - I really like them. They hold tune wonderfully. In fact I just picked up my M-I for the first time in months and it was perfectly in tune.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESP

I'm with you on not totally digging the JB. The Custom 5 in my Douche CTM just sounds so much better than the JB in my Eclipse. Could be the mystic woodz, of course.

Just noticed your headstock is different than the US version...

xchumfiestax

I'm with you on not totally digging the JB. The Custom 5 in my Douche CTM just sounds so much better than the JB in my Eclipse. Could be the mystic woodz, of course.

Just noticed your headstock is different than the US version...

He got his before they changed the headstock design

Have you tried a Duncan Custom in your Eclipse yet? I really like the way it sounds in my gold top

ESP

I haven't, chum. I'll have to look into it, thanks.

lt1z

I think this will be my next move. The JB will go in favor of a BK miracle mine in mine.

LemmonFury

Those are so gorgeous, I know a lot of people I know hate on them for ripping of the design, but I like it more... :lol:

Just paint it black, put on a Floyd, dual EMG's, 24 frets, pointy headstock, and a skull on the body and you're good to go :lol: Just kidding. Except for maybe the Floyd...

Brian

When I just go play my Horizon and I have not touched any other guitar - I don't mind the JB. But when I play something else first and then switch to the Horizon I notice how much I don't like either of the PUPs. I think I am going to swap the Duncans for Dimarzios.

brandono61cr

YO gfunk you said that bolt-on's are better , im sure that is mainly feel , but could you explain why the neckthru are "Flawed by design " ??!?!

AND that guitar is SIZEXY!!

MV-CTM

YO gfunk you said that bolt-on's are better , im sure that is mainly feel , but could you explain why the neckthru are "Flawed by design " ??!?!

the bolt-on thing is a joke

LemmonFury

Sound wise, less maple going through the body.

If the neck or headstock breaks, you could swap it on a bolt on. Also if you don't like the feel of your bolt on, you could just swap it again.

Post to Thread