Finally started saving for an ESP, but which?

Updated
morphius1
Okay so i've finally sold one of my guitars, saving time! I've been gassing for a horizon nt-ii stba, but some pictures make it look amazing, yet some in the horizon thread look like a really dark and dull blue which puts me right off it! I've been looking at the Eclipse II USA ACSB which most pictures of it seem to be pretty nice - i know i shouldn't just rely on images but it's all i have to use haha! and i've also heard some pretty nice things about the vipers.. Gassing for a horizon at the moment i feel i should save for it (it's also pretty much the cheapest too) Any help and/or images would be most apprieciated :)
morphius1

that eclipse looks hawt!

BroKV

I love that Eclipse finish.

morphius1

the eclipse has a rosewood fretboard though :/ i love the look of ebony boards and i love emg's, but maybe i can live with rosewood.. lem oil darkens them up nicely i guess

breakfastcrew

Assuming you are in the US. With the amount of money you are going to spend to import 1 of those japanese eclipses, you might as well get a les paul. Although it might take a couple guitar store trips to find a good 1.

morphius1

i'm in the UK so it's not a problem for me, there's loads of places that sell Eclipse II USAs :)

j.t..i.

I went for an eclipse I CTM FT (full thickness).

load more replies (1 of 1)
Brian

ACSB Eclipse FTW!

Nice axe MOD! Are those Mystic Woodz?

load more replies (1 of 1)
MV-CTM

wow that's like a mirror lol

ESP

Priceless! Tuna...

Brian

We love you MOD! ;)

ESP

;)

OutlawTorn

get a horizon.... theres not a day that goes by that i wish i didnt sell mine

morphius1

get a horizon.... theres not a day that goes by that i wish i didnt sell mine

finally back to the thread topic :) yeah i'm really looking into the horizons now, NT-II me thinks :D
just still gotta wait for the money though :/ haha

Asoa

Hey Buddy, i had same thing 2 years ago.

I bought an ESP Snow White Eclipse II, best money i have ever spent. It plays like a dream, sounds hard core and looks cool as ice.

I also live in the UK, check out Guitar Village in Farnham, Surrey, they have a shed load of ESP's and LTD's to try. Nice guys too.

Good luck and have fun.

morphius1

Yeah i often browse the guitarvillage website but their prices are a little higher than what i can find elsewhere.. but it'd be worth it to go try some out there :)

jalmetalman

I also live in the UK, check out Guitar Village in Farnham, Surrey, they have a shed load of ESP's and LTD's to try. Nice guys too.

Good luck and have fun.

Yeah i often browse the guitarvillage website but their prices are a little higher than what i can find elsewhere.. but it'd be worth it to go try some out there :)

I used to always use guitarvillage but the last 2 purchase's I've made from them have been very poor... They were not very helpful... For great customer service I say go with either Rich Tone Music or World Guitars, not only are they very helpful but drop the prices quite a bit.... :)

Asoa

you know what they say, a week in politics is a lifetime in..blah, blah. blah

I spent a lot of time in both" guitar village" and "andertons" in guildford during the autumn of 2008. Both shops were very easy going about trying the gear out and all the staff were very helpfull. I used the reference of Guitar Village as they had more ESPs, especially Horizons which is what Morphius seems to be after.

However i did not buy my Eclipse from GV as they did not have the colour i wanted in stock. I ended up purchasing it from a shop in Gillingham, Kent called Sharon Music. The owner of the shop had a good relationship with the ESP dealer "selectron" who happened to be down the road in Sittingbourne. Needless to say i was extremely happy with my new toy.

With that said, i did purchase a Vox praccy amp from GV on line and i never had any trouble with customer service.

Whether the level of service is the same as it was back in 2008, i have no idea, if not then its a shame, in my experience bad customer service is usually down to an arsehole individual who works in the shop or just someone who is having a bad day,(didn't get any sex last night etc)

keep up the search Morphius...........

morphius1

I'll take a look around some of the sites you guys have said you've used (sharon's and world guitar) so cheers for that and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any :)

Nagash

I'd say, choosing between the Eclipse and the Horizon, it depends on the features you need (Floyd Rose/24 frets/neck-through > Horizons, fixed bridge/Lot of knobs > Eclipse)

Right now I'm in advice-the-Eclipse mood but I'd say, if you really can't decide between these two, go for an SV Standard. LOL

Matthew

There is no choice, there is only SV Standard.

Post to Thread