ESP MII STANDARD NTB vs. ESP KH SIGNATURE SERIES NTB

Updated
WARLOCK
I don't know if this question has been discussed before or not and I appologize if it has. How does the ESP MII STANDARD SERIES NTB compare in quality to the ESP KH SIGNATURE SERIES NTB. Is the signature series supposedly better than the standard series? Can you feel the difference when you pick it up and play it or are you just paying for Kirk Hamsters sig and a couple of skull inlays? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
OutlawTorn

KH has hand tape :p

Michael W.

I imagine they're the same thing, just different inlays, different volume/tone switch configuration. Oh, and the KH now comes with an EMG 81/60 and the MII has the 81/81.

V.S.

I imagine they're the same thing, just different inlays, different volume/tone switch configuration. Oh, and the KH now comes with an EMG 81/60 and the MII has the 81/81.

+1

and the kh has a slightly wider neck

EDIT: the kh also has black hardware instead of black nickel

Michael W.

oh yeah, forgot about the black nickel. I was lucky enough to get mine with black. The neck is really wider though?

V.S.

Yeah by 1mm, But the nut is the same size,so string spacing is the same.

antikue

Weird, since M-II has a 43mm nut width with a 42mm locking nut, leaving a fairly noticeable gap on both sides of the nut. It'd be a bit funny if a KH model had even more pronounced a gap.
Btw I changed the locking nut on my M-II to a 43mm Gotoh, and noticed that the neck is at least 44m wide at the nut. Could be a single exception though.

WARLOCK

Thanks for the info guys. I went with the MII NTB since I didn't want the Kirk Hammett fan boy model. I'm an old school metalhead who's been playing guitar for a long time, probably before some of you guys were born :lol and I have to be honest with you, I have had many, many guitars over the years, many of them ESP's. Both Custom Shop and Standard production models and I am really blown away on how incredible the quality of this instrument is. The construction, the feel, the tone..... all i have to say is WOW. I thought the "New" (new for me) Standard Series would be cheap, crappy instruments. I was dead wrong. ESP is still the reigning champion of the metal axe IMHO. I also like Jackson soloists (USA of course) but I hate painted necks. This guitar is the answer to my prayers.

Judas

Thanks for the info guys. I went with the MII NTB since I didn't want the Kirk Hammett fan boy model. I'm an old school metalhead who's been playing guitar for a long time, probably before some of you guys were born :lol and I have to be honest with you, I have had many, many guitars over the years, many of them ESP's. Both Custom Shop and Standard production models and I am really blown away on how incredible the quality of this instrument is. The construction, the feel, the tone..... all i have to say is WOW. I thought the "New" (new for me) Standard Series would be cheap, crappy instruments. I was dead wrong. ESP is still the reigning champion of the metal axe IMHO. I also like Jackson soloists (USA of course) but I hate painted necks. This guitar is the answer to my prayers.

That's lovely. Now post pics

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread