ESP M-II vs Jackson SL3MG

Updated
Nevan
Hello, I'm Nevan and I need your addice. I want to buy a new guitar and after some searching I found 2 guitars that fits me: * ESP M-II (maybe I want to switch the neck EMG81 with 85 or 60) * Jackson SL3MG + Original Floyd Rose (this is not in the guitar but I want to buy the tremelo to replace it with the factory installed FRT-0200) from the Pro Series. And I want to know that's the best. The specs are often the same but is there a difference in wood? quality? sound?. Both guitars are made in Japan. I will make a list and price and just say your personal perference ESP M-II: Neck Thru Maple Neck Alder Body Scale: 25,5 " 24 XJ frets Rosewood fretboard Dot inlays, ESP at 12th fret EMG-81 (B & N) Volume control, 3 way toggle switch Original Floyd Rose tremolo Black hardware Camo Finish Case included EXTRA: Neck pickup will be replaced by a 85 or 60 Price: 1650 (guitar) + 75 (emg pickup) = 1725 EUR / 2345 USD (European prices) Jackson SL3MG Neck Thru Maple Neck Alder Body Scale: 25,5" 24 J Frets Rosewood Fingerboard MOTO Shark Fin Inlays EMG 81 (B) / EMG 85 (N) 3 way Toggle switch , 1 Volume Knob and Tone Switch Black Hardware Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 Tremolo Finish: Black Case Included EXTRA: Floyd Rose 02000 will be replaced by a OFR Price: 1160 (guitar) + 300 (OFR + install) = 1460 EUR / 2000 USD(European prices)
Gfunk

Hello Nevan.

My addice would be the same as in the last 3 Jackson vs ESP threads you started. Get the guitar your parents can afford. Have fun!

:)

BroKV

Hello Nevan.

My addice would be the same as in the last 3 Jackson vs ESP threads you started. Get the guitar your parents can afford. Have fun!

What Gfunk meant to say was:

Jackson > ESP

Jak3

Hello Nevan.

You always have some assholish comment to add dont you?

Pushead

:rollin

Roidster

i will also say,playing guitar is not like rock band or guitar hero

FSM

The M-II is in a league above that Jackson. If you were to compare it to a USA soloist or Dinky, then I'd say different, but with the Euro prices of USA Jacksons the M-II would be a better bet. This is if the compound radius fretboard of 12-16 is not heavy preferred over a consistent 12" radius.

Kadri

You can't go wrong with M-II.
The current japanese Jackson isn't that great anyway, much different than they used to in the 90s

Metalmilitia306

Buy what you think plays and feels better to you.

Wizard of Ozz

Definitely M-II.

Post to Thread