Bridge help please

Updated
HUTCHINGS
Hi guys I realy need some help. I have an old late 80's M-III that is the sweetest guitar ever made & I recently put a real floyd on it to replace the old beat up ESP sinclair bridge but the stud screws are worn out and have gouges and grooves cut into them and need to be replaced. I couldn't use the Floyd inserts & studs because the original brass inserts are larger than the inserts wich came with the Floyd. Does anyone know where I can get a new or good set of these stud screws? Thanks M
Mark K.

larger in terms of length or width?

If it's length, you could fill the holes a bit..

baerman

In my experience with floyd studs, they appear to have 2 different threads. OFR's have a finer thread then everything else. If the bushings appear ok then just try LFR studs. Usually I find that the OFR bushings have a slightly bigger diameter than most other ones. If I understand you correctly this is not the case with yours. I have a synclair on a MI and if I recall correctly it has a more coarse thread than the OFR ones. However, I have never tried to exchange the bushings. If you still cannot find studs that fit and you have to use the new smaller bushings, than I would suggest taking a toothpick and biting small strips off of it to make the new bushing fit sugg in the old hole. That is only if it is just slightly larger. If the diameter is a lot bigger, take it to a shop for their suggestions.

Post to Thread