M-II vs KH602

Updated
abracadabra
M-II is about €200-300 more expensive, but they seem to have mostly the same specs. So why the difference? Is it just ESP vs LTD quality? Which one would you buy of the two?
Ramon

M-II
Better woods, no signature, and 3way toggle switch instead of completely useless strat switch

JonCurcio

M-II
Better woods, no signature, and 3way toggle switch instead of completely useless strat switch

Why do you think the strat style switch is useless in comparison?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Haakenstad

MII, hands down.
It would be plain stupid to say otherwise

FSM

M-II, without doubt. No way for you to play both, in order to see for yourself?

Mark K.

Never played an M-II, DID play a KH602 tough...
I love the KH sigs, but I have to say the M-II because its an ESP, and because it's an ESP it has the things the guys said above... Better wood and build quality!!!

1point8t

After owning both... The M-II will overall be a better built guitar... HOWEVER... when I did have my KH602, I went for that guitar first over many of the fiddles I own. It was really comfortable, sounded great, stayed in tune for weeks at a time. The little details like the fret ends and what not are what made the difference, but it was a killer guitar for the money. The higher-end Korean built LTD's of today easily rival the Japanese Jackson/Charvel and ESP's of the 80's. The LTD logo and Korea-built stigma bring these things down... but I can bet if you re-logoed a KH602 (if it didn't have the block logo at the 24th fret too) with an ESP decal, many would be hard pressed to tell a difference. Try em both, then make your decision.

blistered earth

is the mii the nt or bolt

abracadabra

Thanks for all the replies. Seems pretty unanimous so far. I'd like to try both, but to be honest I'd be lucky to find either of them. I live in Madrid and I haven't found either of them yet. There are a few shops I haven't been to yet though. I might have to see if someone can order it for me to try out.

is the mii the nt or bolt

The NT is really pushing the top end of my budget. Actually the bolt-on is too, so I don't know if I could push it that far.

Would any of you change your minds if it were MII bolt-on vs KH602, and not the MII NT?

Also, would you go for the EMGs or the SDs? I've listened to both on line, and they both sound awesome. I'd use it mostly for heavy thrash-style. I think the KH602 only comes with EMGs so no choice there.

I really need to find one to try out!

load more replies (1 of 1)
1point8t

The cool thing with the KH is you get independent volume knobs... and a tone knob if you care. The M-II will only have 1 volume and no tone.

You can't really compare the neck thru with a bolt on... I mean, to some there isn't much difference but the higher fret accessibility is better on the neck thru's. Bolt on's tend to be a bit snappier tone wise, but neck thru's sustain a little more.

It's too bad you can't compare them both side by side. But... having owned both (and several other real ESP's), you won't be disappointed either way.

MV-CTM

it does not have better access

fourmz

Either way you wind up with a nice guitar. Go with your gut.

Mark K.

It's too bad you can't compare them both side by side. But... having owned both (and several other real ESP's), you won't be disappointed either way.

Either way you wind up with a nice guitar. Go with your gut.

^+1

Mr.Dahl

MII = ESP = Better guitar

KH-602 = LTD = Crap

fourmz

The 602 is not crap, it is very well built (A little neck heavy) A quick change out on the toggle switch and your up and running.
Having said that, it is not an ESP MII. However, you should be happy with either one.

Gfunk

The 602 is not crap, it is very well built (A little neck heavy)

:confused:

Wow, I have never heard of a Strat shaped guitar being "neck heavy".

Mr.Dahl

I have played on a KH-602 and I didn't like it at all.... It seems like ESP are the guitars that fits me the best.

Mark K.

Haven't experienced a neck heavy KH602 ever... My KH202 also isn't neck heavy..though it's a bolt-on..

1point8t

Definitely not neck heavy... my KH was one of my favorite guitars to play out with, everything felt just 'right'....

Post to Thread