EC-1000 or EC 500

Updated
FragileDemon
New to the board here and looking at my first purchase of a ltd. I have played the 1000 before and loved it, but I am also considering the EC 500 as I love the look of it (haven't played it though). I understand the small difference in specs of these guitars, but I am basically wondering if they have the same feel and playability. Is the sound of the ec 1000 that much greater than the ec 500? I guess my question is directed to those who have played both guitars. The price of the EC-500 i'm looking at is 550 used, in great condition and the EC-1000 is 749.99 new Im kinda torn, my eyes say 500 but my conscience says 1000. Thanks for any info.
Curt Daddy

the ONLY difference between the 500's and 1000's that i've noticed is visual things. when i've played them, they didn't feel or sound too much different.

the 1000 I played (gloss black) sounded a bit thinner compared to the black cherry 500 I played which had a nice fat sound.

but i'm sure that probably is just one of those, some guitars have it others don't kind of things, i'm sure the 1000's are easily just as good from guitar to guitar.

Velt017

$550 used is very high considering those things were ~$600 new.

Tell him $300 used, don't go above $400.

sp1ke

this thread doesn't seem to be in the correct section.

load more replies (1 of 1)
OutlawTorn

Eclipse Standard> EC-1000> EC-500

SixStringer

when they feel the same and sound the same, then go for looks.....IMO the best looking ec guitar is the vintage black ec-1000, you get all the good stuff of the 1000 series, plus ebony board, and you dont get the "hey hey look at me" abalone

ESPimperium

EC-1000, much better guitar, built better and to my eyes, feel and ear, the smaller things that the EC-500 dosnt have, the EC-1000s make the diference.

EvolutionVII

EC-1000, much better guitar, built better and to my eyes, feel and ear, the smaller things that the EC-500 dosnt have, the EC-1000s make the diference.

Same factory, same specs, different binding. |I
I have a H500 and H1000 and there's not much of a difference concerning playability or tone (except for the 18V mod).

Post to Thread