Eclipse II VB - Ebony Bow Problem..

Updated
DeMetal
After 2 years with Eclipse II VB with Ebony fingerboard and living in NYC area (constant climate changes, humidity, etc.) I've had my neck adjusted by my guitar tech about 4 times per year due to humidity changes the neck would bow either way. Now the trust rud is pretty much all the way and I get the buzzing from first three high strings on the first fret. I play in Drop C (11-52). Anyone else is having the same problem with Ebony fingerboards, any suggestions? I am at a loss...:(:(
Dilzdo21

ive had more problems with eclipses than any other guitars, its takes me hours to get the truss where i want it. Seems like no matter what there was always some type of buzz, so after acouple months i end up ditching them. I would use the fact that esp has reversable truss rods and move it back acouple turns , then wait, then try to start adjusting again

Velt017

Ditched my old EC-1000 for the same reason... i dunno what it is with Eclipses, I've had plenty of other ESP guitars and that has never happened to any of them.

load more replies (1 of 1)
xchumfiestax

ermmm

why would you think the problem is the fretboard?

wouldn't it be the neck if anything? :confused:

morphius1

I've never had any problems with my EC1k, I use that in C with 10-48s mainly and that too has a an ebony fb. never needed to adjust the truss tbh :D

But I have to agree with xchumfiestax on this one

Fordman65

Has nothing to do with it having an eboner board. Could be the neck or just the frets. Your tech should be able to figure that one out if he's at all competent. It has nothing to do with an EC either, they are damn fine guitars.

johnny00

I haven't had my Eclipse II long enough I guess kuz I haven't had to adjust the trussrod except when I first got it. If there is buzzing on the 1st 3 frets, then the neck needs some relief.
I had to adjust the neck on my Ibanez RG now and then. They are so thin and I guess a little unstable. The Eclipse isn't that thin, but on the thin side I think.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it is a double-action truss rod??

Has anyone else had these issues??

Ozwepaie

I had developed a little back bow in my Eclipse. Was to be expected on a new guitar.
The rods are super sensitive. I laid a straight edge along the frets, and using a 4x eye
loop. I put just enough relief, so that I could slide a post-it through @ the 5th fret.
I had only moved the rod about 3/32 of a inch less than 3mm for you guys overseas.
In rotation. And it's been perfect ever since, that was last Nov. I live in Philly. So it's
the same climate as NY. Tiny moves, keep a close eye on your relief. And if you turn
the rod more than 1/8 of a turn ? Stop, re-tune and reset you action. before you twist
it any further.

Post to Thread